Torn

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
So, we are having a little girl, ive had May pretty much from the start. I love the name, but it's just not sitting right with me.

Ive come back around to Ada.

Her middle names looking likely to be Elizabeth (my eldest daughter is choosing it)

So full names would be

May Elizabeth Allonby
Ada Elizabeth Allonby

My other children's names are Caitlyn, Ollie, Eve, Amy, William, Alfie, Alice and Eden.

Any opinions welcomed x

I personally prefer May to Ada. I think May goes really well with your other childrens' names too. Although Ada is definitely coming back into popularity along with all the old little old man/lady names that I love, so I'm sure it would still be a good choice!

It's so hard! We're not sharing our name choices with family and friends so im limited to asking in here! I love May but I can't imagining myself using the name May and calling her that. X

I know what you mean hun, and if you can't imagine calling her it then it's a good idea to think of other names! If you can imagine calling her Ada then perhaps that's the one!

What about Mabel? It's like May but older fashioned like Ada. I love the name Mabel :)

I love it too! I love the realky old names like Edith, Florence, Mabel, but hubby won't stretch that far!

How about having both names in mind and waiting til she's born to decide if she suits either one more than the other? Ps: I really like both x

Im not much help because i think they both sound nice and suit your other childrens names too. Id probably be swaying towards Ada because iv never heard that whereas i hear quite a few Mays (only middle names not actually as a first) x

I really like both! I'm quite partial to May though since I feel like its a bit less common. I don't know many Ada's, but it sounds like Ava, which there are ALOT of. Still like it though. Both great choices with Elizabeth :flower:

I would wait till she arrives and see who she looks like. I'm never sure how to say Ada right!

I agree with those saying wait and see, as they are both lovely names. We were in a similar bind between Juniper and Tabitha before DD was born, but as soon as she arrived she was clearly Juniper. Tabitha just didn't suit her even though that had been my favoured name during pregnancy.

Love both but if pressed I would say Ada, as I said both beautiful names though!

Thanks ladies, I think I will hold off deciding Til she is here. I do think im still more leaning towards May, maybe I need to start referring to her as that now instead of Nellie (her nickname) to try and get used to it x

I had names I LOVED but I could never imagine me having a child with them as a name (if that makes sense) I go with my gut and pick the one I can envision chasing the dogs etc. I agree with others too, I always wait to make it official until I meet baby. :) they are both wonderful names.

Just as a side note, I much prefer Nellie as a first name to either Ada or May! What are your reasons for not choosing Nellie? Is your husband against it?

Just as a side note, I much prefer Nellie as a first name to either Ada or May! What are your reasons for not choosing Nellie? Is your husband against it?

I just think it's a little bit nicknamey but I absolutely love it! Id love to use Ellen on birth certificate but call her Nellie, but our surname is Allonby and I think it's a bit much 😬X

I would honestly just go with Nellie! There's nothing wrong with it!

I actually had this convo at school the other day with another mum. She wanted to call her son Edward but planned on calling him Teddy 100% of the time. She just felt Edward was more proper for the birth certificate. When she went to register him, the registrar sort of said why on earth are you formally calling him Edward when his name is Teddy?! So they registered him as Teddy :haha:

I really like Nellie!

How funny my boys name was Edward/Ted!

She does feel like a Nellie I can't imagine calling her anything else and my 2 year old will be furious lol x

Do it, do it, do it! You have been calling her Nellie up to now so would be strange for you to get to know her by another name :winkwink:

On any given day what ISNT a 2year old furious about LOL go with what feels right

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->