Total first timer question... do women always notice the loss of their mucus plug?

hanni

Reaction score
As the title says, has anyone went into labour and not noticed they've lost it or not lost it until they're in later labour?

I've got so much pressure down below and keep getting awful shooting pains from the very bottom and my lower stomach, back and bum but that's it. I keep getting strong braxton hicks but they're very irregular. I don't think it's labour but is this normal to happen? Does anyone else feel like this?

Good, thank you!
Probably just pain from babies head dropping or something then? God I'm so lost at all this!

I definitely did. Very big obvious. Jelly like and bloody. I felt it come out x

I didn't lose my plug until I was 5cm dilated and my doctor broke my water. Lots of women don't lose it until they're in active labour.

But it was most definitely noticeable once it did start coming.

Also regarding pain it's probavly babies head being engaged and just the weight of baby on your pelvis and on certain ligaments x

Thank you ladies!
I asked both my best friend and my mam about it and they both just laughed at me and went "you'll KNOW when you're in labour" soo annoying! I don't think I'm in labour I just wanted to what this pain was 😫

I didn't notice when I lost mine when I was in labour with ds. I laboured at home all day, (didn't lose any) then got to hospital at almost 10cm and got into the birth pool, so unless o lost it in the pool, then I haven't got a clue. I'm on the lookout this time tho xxx

I have never noticed losing my mucus plug, and this is my third. Dilated to 5 cm before induced with the first, and 7 cm before a sweep triggered labor with my second. Both times, I never noticed any mucus plug loss. I *did* notice, however, definite increase in discharge a few weeks before delivery... more globby-type discharge rather than the regular. My assumption has been that I lost it in bits and pieces rather than in one go. Who knows?:shrug:

At any rate, I never noticed a big fat plug loss, though I was always on the lookout. Maybe this time!

I lost mine when my water broke with DS1 and it was obvious that was what it was but it wasn't as much as I had been expecting given what people say about it. I didn't notice losing more of it after my water broke either.

I didn't lose mine completely till my water broke. I was losing small pieces but nothing that couldn't be generated back...

I never noticed mine. I was induced, so didn't go into labour naturally, but even after my waters were broken, etc, I never had a big blob of anything come out.

As the title says, has anyone went into labour and not noticed they've lost it or not lost it until they're in later labour?

I've got so much pressure down below and keep getting awful shooting pains from the very bottom and my lower stomach, back and bum but that's it. I keep getting strong braxton hicks but they're very irregular. I don't think it's labour but is this normal to happen? Does anyone else feel like this?

I didn't notice anything.

I've lost some plug at 39 weeks+ then more during the tablet part of my induction at 40+6/41 weeks.

As for the pressures and pains, I had those closer to the end last time and way earlier this time due to baby being low. Bh getting strong is probably normal. The strength of bh ranges from tightenings to something bigger at times. They kept getting stronger (every contraction was slightly stronger than the one prior) as I was heading to the hospital for my induction and turned out they were real contractions but just not regular. I was probably in "early labor" already (obviously I don't know if that's the case for you) but for some women early labor can last a long time.

I went into labour naturally with my first and I never lost/didn't notice any loss of a mucus plug. My waters broke before I started getting regular contractions so i knew i was in labour.

I didn't notice it. I was bleeding a bit throughout labour which i first noticed after my first internal exam before hospital sent me away as i wasn't far enough dilated. so maybe it just came with the blood. My waters didn't break until final stage of labour so I wasn't paying much attention by then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->