Total nail avulsion **WARNING: Vile pic enclosed**

KittyVentura

Autism Mum
Reaction score
Hello ladies.

So, I have been suffering with a severely infected (tried pretty much every antibiotic at high dose and long periods, nothing has touched it) ingrown toenail now for 20 months. Took ages to get a referral when it first started and then by the time I got my appointment for partial nail removal I had fallen pregnant with Amelia and they refused to do it while I was pregnant.

https://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x444/KittyVentura/33331c2a30b0e7683566de34d15fd9ba.jpg

Now both sides are ingrown and infected, one of the worst my podiatrist has ever seen apparently, and my other big toenail is ingrowing as well. So in light of the severity they want to get both toenails completely removed ASAP (a least they will match huh?).

I've my "surgery" to have both removed booked for 5th Nov and just wondered if anyone else has had this done? What can I expect in the way of pain (administering local and then afterwards) and recovery? How long should I be asking Ian to be home from work for? How soon after could you wear shoes and socks etc?

Mostly concerned about getting out as Fin (like most toddlers) is pure misery if we don't get him out every day.

Xx

Ouch that look soo sore!!
Good luck for the op & a quick recovery :hugs:

Cx

This is from the NHS website:

After nail surgery

After having nail surgery, your toe will be wrapped in a bandage to allow the area to heal and to help prevent an infection developing. You should rest your affected foot and keep it raised for one to two days after the operation.

Once the anaesthetic wears off, your toe may be sore and tender. To help alleviate any pain, you may need to take a painkiller, such as paracetamol, and wear soft or open-toed sandals for the first few days following surgery.

You can remove the bandage two days after having nail surgery. Soak your toes with salt water to help the area to heal.

https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Ingrown-toenail/Pages/Treatment.aspx

Hope it goes well hun, that looks so sore :hugs: x x x

Poor thing, my husband had both sides of both toenails removed, he was sore it not sure amounts of pain, he wore socks and sandles for about two weeks, and took them off work, they said he could go back after a week but we were on holiday he second week anyway, he needed the two weeks.

The wept for a longtime and had to keep changing dressings for over 6 weeks.

They were sore but not extreme pain, think for him as he did have some nail, that's what hurt the worse as it kept lifting and moving. He didn't like walking much, but we did as we were in holiday.

My ex had that on both of his big toe nails. He had to have both removed at the same time. I remember it so well - the injection was just....wow :o

He couldn't do anything for about 2 days, he said it was so sore he could barely walk. Good luck to you :)

Hiya

Ive had a toe op on both toes, I was asleep for them as I was young, when I woke up I did feel throbbing in my toe but painkillers eased it. I had 2 weeks off school, and I could walk but with my toe upright.

Im feeling your pain now as I have a ingrown toe again xx

I had both my big toe nails removed a few years back, strong pain killers for a few days, they were bandaged for about a week, Lucas was about 3 at the time and like your lo needed to be out, could walk no problem on them and even drew smiley faces on the bandages so not to freak him out :flower:

Not sure if you can see this you may need to add me as a friend, my bandaged toes and a few of the healing process :wacko:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...a.85420005656.153760.662900656&type=3&theater

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->