totally forgot i was pregnant!?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by babyblessed, May 31, 2011.

1. babyblessed

babyblessed Well-Known Member

i had the weirdest feeling this morning, I was reading my book with my youngest sitting against me watching his programmes and reading about a woman who was pregnant, anyway, i looked down at my youngest ant thought "wow, my belly stomach looks massive!" ...in that moment, I had totally forgotten i was pregnant :wacko:

and reading about this woman being pregnant a new realisation that i was actually having another baby hit me, a bit late at nearly 30 weeks :shrug:

2. shyzy26

shyzy26 Active Member

hahaha snap i was sat here the other night and it hit me i was gonna be a new mummy in 20 days or less

3. Cupkake.Luver

Cupkake.Luver Mommy to my Babbacakes!

I still don't think its hit me yet. I mean I know I'm pregnant but I don't think the reality that I'm gonna be a mommy will hit me until I see him out of the belly and into this world.

4. Kaileymonster

Kaileymonster Mammy and bump

Was just about to post a thread about this...

I know there's a baby in there but it feels like we've ordered him and I'm just unwell... hit's me randomly that he's actually alive and going to be a proper person....

so strange!

5. ky24 la la

ky24 la la Mummy again :D

I have it every morning until I try to roll over xxxxx

6. leahsbabybump

leahsbabybump Mummy to 3

hasnt hit me yet and its my second time round and im due in 8 days lol
    realisation will hit home when i got a baby screaming beside me at 4am :-/ lol

7. LaLaBelle

LaLaBelle Well-Known Member

I forget all the time. Then she'll kick and it'll surprise me.

8. LittleSpy

LittleSpy Well-Known Member

It slips my mind occasionally, too. Then I'll run my bump into a doorway or something by accident and remember. :haha:

9. lilliesmummie

lilliesmummie Well-Known Member

Glad i'm not the only one!
    Me and my OH were going out last week, and i said, "does this top make me look fat?" .. then it hit me that i'll look like a hippo no matter what i wear! don't know how i forgot lol!
    xx

10. ClaireMuir123

ClaireMuir123 Mummy to Jayden and Ava

I remember walking by a couple of pregnant women feeling jealous a few weeks ago and then suddenly realising I no longer have to feel jealous! :haha: xxx

11. babyblessed

babyblessed Well-Known Member

lol so glad im not the only one too, it is embarrasing whe you forget about the bump in restaurants too and go to squeeze past a table to the loo and there is no way you are going to fit :blush:

I know with my first the massive realisation point that my baby was a real person and the responsibility was getting home with him and needing to pop to the shops for food and realising i had to take him with me :dohh:

having kids young i always say i never felt really like a mum and remember saying to a friend after i had my younget and i was breastfeeding him and my older son was running around the cafe, "I still dont really feel like a mum" she was like hello, look at you :wacko:

with number three defiantely starting to dawn on me :haha:

12. bmuir11207

bmuir11207 Mother of 2 girls

just visiting from second tri this will be my third and tbh it took me a while to feel like my first was actually mine...after she was a few weeks old i wanted to take her to the pool i felt like i needed to call and ask permission from someone before i could take her:haha::haha:...some times i still look at my girls and im like wow i really am a mom how wonderful:haha:

13. londonangel

londonangel Well-Known Member

It really hasn't hit me yet that all being well, I will be a mummy in two and a bit weeks at the most. I cannot imagine myself with a baby!

14. kaz29

kaz29 Well-Known Member

oh i have these moments where i all of a sudden think "im pregnant" having forgotten all about it for a while its weird

15. Lilli

Lilli Well-Known Member

I get it when i catch my reflection in a mirror or a window when i'm not expecting it! shocks me how big i am every time! :haha: