Totally o/t....any hairdressers about??

Loubpop

Reaction score
Hi, just a quick question..
I have dyed my hair with very dark brOwn almost black home dye for quite a while now. I want my hair highlighted with blonde now. A bit like the girl off emmerdale that's on the wright stuff now actually.will I be able to or will I have to wait fir this colour to grow out?
Thanks in advance xx

My sis is a hairdresser and she got my others sisters hair from dyed black to bright blonde. It was a very lengthy process!! Took 2 months in total so not to ruin the hair

Hello... hairdresser here :D .... it IS definatly possible, the only thing i would suggest if it's possible is to get it done at a salon. With the products you'll need at home to do it, it could turn out quite pricey.

How ever if you do want to do it at home you need to first work on lightening it and then you can concentrate on the colour style, but i really wouldn't recommend it.

x

only bleach Will lift a dark hair dye so your highlights would need to be done using bleach which would be best done in salon. so yes possible but best done by professional!

Thanks for the replies! Yeah I am going to go to a salon :) what will they do to it?

only bleach Will lift a dark hair dye so your highlights would need to be done using bleach which would be best done in salon. so yes possible but best done by professional!

:flower: thanks. Will it make my hair brittle or anything? Quite a bit has fallen out pp so I don't want what's left to break off or look frizzled! Lol! Xx

They'll probably bleach bath it first to give your hair a base lift of a shade or too. Then they'll add bleach foils and tint the rest to a lighter brown or dark blond (or what ever colour you wanted).... once that was all washed off they'll then need to put a toner on as your high ligts will be yellow/orange. THis will be a blue/purple based toner that will strip out the yellow/orange..... so don't panic if it looks purple lol.

x

:flower: thanks. Will it make my hair brittle or anything? Quite a bit has fallen out pp so I don't want what's left to break off or look frizzled! Lol! Xx

ANy good salon should ask about your hair condition prior to colouring anyways and they should be testing it first to test the strength.... they do this with some concentrated bleach dye.

Yayy thanks for this thread i have a hair problem too here lol since snuggs is a hairdresser hope she can help me here ,, well my natural colour is medium brown so I bought the superdrug own brand lightner , just wanted to pre-lighten my hair so then I could use a nice& easy light brown / dark golden colour but stupid of me :dohh:i only bought one pack and it wasn't enough so now my hair is half brown half golden lol so i was wondering would it be ok to get another pack just don't want to damage my hair " sigh this happens when you can't afford to go to the salon :nope:"

Thanks, I didn't want to go in to the salon and tell them what I want for them to laugh at me and say "no chance!" lol! Gonna go in and get a skin test then :) xx

you could do it at home. i just recently went from dark brown to blonde :).

i would get the jo baz colour remover this does not damage hair but smells like rotten eggs. this should make it either a lighter brown or ared brown then i would dye it a lighter shade of brown. wait abit for it to settle. then go to sallys get ion bleach and a cap get someone to pull the hair through and bleach away. keep an eye on it and wait for it to go the banana yellow then wash with silver shampoo to get rid of the yellow.

with bealching your hair will go through an array of colours brown, red, orange and so on but just hold out for the limited time as washing off to early will leave you drop dead fred organge hair lol.

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->