Totally OT - share your foundation

JadeyB

Mummy of 2 (1 Angel baby)
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I hope no one minds me posting this in here. I wanted to post somewhere where I might get lots of replies ;)

Can you share your foundation?

I'm looking for something to work magic.

I need it to:
Cover blemishes
Touch proof
For oily skin (my usual foundation has started running off my skin)
Make me look like a supermodel ;) ok so maybe not!
A compact would be even better. As I'm often applying on the go, sometimes in the car.

Xxx

I had acne when I was younger and although my skin is pretty clear these days I need something that will cover marks, and sometimes my complexion isnt the best.
As you can imagine, over the years I have tried almost every brand, cheaper ones, and more expensive brands such as clinique but the best I have found and I have been usuing for 4 years now (and wont us anything else!) is 'infalliable' by loreal, it doesnt smudge and stays on for 24 hours and covers everything making my skin look flawless, and cover dark circles, everything really. I have turned so many friends onto it.

Hope you try and like it. A bottle lasts AGES!!! xx

i use mac liquid but it's best applied with brushes (i use 2) so probably isn't what you're looking for.

however i could never use any other foundation other than mac now - i've tried pretty much everything and aways found them to be the best, huge range of shades, and so good on your skin. i'd pop into a shop if you can and ask them to choose one for you - they have loads of different kinds. i am always complimented on my skin!

i use No7 stay perfect its brilliant. stays on all day, doesnt look shiny iether.
<3

i used to use max factor and loved it, then found a brand called prescriptives, fell in love with their stuff and they shut the brand in the UK! ahhhrrr! Ah well, max factor is still fab.
x

Chanel here! All their make up is amazing and I can't use anything else now! Expensive but lasts ages x

I don't really wear foundation anymore. I used to wear a Mac on though and apply it with a brush.
Now, I wear clinique 'almost make up.'. It's brill! It's a tinted moisturiser, but it's not greasy at all and it's good coverage. It goes on really easily too.
xx

first I use No7 green colour calming foundation / base coat thingy, I have lovely (not) rosy cheeks so I like to dull them down a bit (just make sure no jawline marks or green eyebrows)
then I use maybelline wonder finish foundation, it is oil free, goes on really well, shake to activate (has a roller ball in it) and dries like a powder so no shiny patches...

I have oily skin as well and use MAC Studio Tech foundation, which is in a compact. That said, I bought a fantastic Clinique one for my wedding and then lost it straight after so only got one use out of it and can't even remember the name!

I don't wear foundation as such, I use MAC concealer on dark circles and blemishes with MAC mineralize skinfinish in natural all over with a kabuki brush, that on top of the concealer buffed in gives a pretty flawless finish. I hate the feel of liquid foundation on my skin *shudder* :haha:
xx

Bare Minerals. You can get it from selfridges and it's brill. Cleared up my once-horrific skin a treat

Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish..its a compact foundation and I would never use anything else!

Bobbi Brown for me, I love all of their makeup.

I have found that if you apply your foundation with a good brush, not only does it give a better finish, it also goes so much further which makes even the more expensive brands more cost effective.

I use a spray foundation, its amazing!

https://www.onlinebeautyltd.com/244...skin-airflash-foundation-200-light-beige.html

I use Mac StudioFix in the palest shade possible lol

i use loreal minerals if i use liquid foundation i get spotty

Thank you so much for sharing. I'm going to bookmark this thread so I can keep trying until I find the perfect foundation.

xx

I had acne when I was younger and although my skin is pretty clear these days I need something that will cover marks, and sometimes my complexion isnt the best.
As you can imagine, over the years I have tried almost every brand, cheaper ones, and more expensive brands such as clinique but the best I have found and I have been usuing for 4 years now (and wont us anything else!) is 'infalliable' by loreal, it doesnt smudge and stays on for 24 hours and covers everything making my skin look flawless, and cover dark circles, everything really. I have turned so many friends onto it.

Hope you try and like it. A bottle lasts AGES!!! xx

Hey hon,

This sounds so familiar. I've spent a fortune on foundation, often £30 a bottle and never found the right one. I've tried the cheaper ones too.

As it sounds like you have similar skin to me, I went out and bought this one on Friday. It is fab, my only problem is that I think I'm a funny colour!! The lightest one is too light but the next two colours are slightly too dark. I went for the rose something one in the end and it is fab for evening, but maybe not quite right for day. I do have the double wear makeup which is really good, but too pale for me, so I may mix the two to see what I come up with. :shrug:

Thanks for the tip.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"