Touts

Layla

Reaction score
Just wondered what you think of them?

x

i think its more the fact that people dont like to know that someone has made a profit out of them.

In reality ticket touts do exactly the same as someone that buys something and then sells it for more coz theres no stock left , or even someone that buys something and waits till its rare or an antique to sell it again at a huge profit, You can even go as far as to say people that buy houses and then wait till its worth more and sell it are just the same.

i dont mind them , but at the end of teh day its what each tout is like and some are 100% wan*ers

You can even go as far as to say people that buy houses and then wait till its worth more and sell it are just the same.

excellent point!!

I dont mind them, in fact, i have brought tickets and sold htem on at a profit before, prob will again.

The reason for this thread was coz of the fuss going on with the radio 1 big weekend, tickets are given away free on the radio, but then sold at a big profit online, i dont agree with that, not if they were free to start with.

x

Doesn't bother me really as everyone is out for a profit at sometime or another
But i don't agree with free stuff being touted or things that are meant to be for charity being sold above the odds
Usually sell tickets :p but I think Layla's referring to people that sell information to the police to help secure a conviction.

S.C>

Isn't that a snout??

But i don't agree with free stuff being touted or things that are meant to be for charity being sold above the odds
But thats usually the event holders fault for not providing the correct amount of tickets or giving all the tickets to corporate sponsors and business associates.

Prime example is the champions league final only 34,000 tickets go to fans in a 90,000 seater stadium.

I have paid over the odds for tickets a few times, there are plent of epople out there who are willing to, so i see it as, if your willing and know what your paying more, then its not getting ripped off. unless your the unlucky ones who buy from someone who doesnt have teh goods.

hmm this has got me thinking now.... lol

z

Isn't that a snout??

aye, was thinking that as I hit reply... got confused coz of something wobbles said as i was posting.

This is what gives touts a bad name

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6661771.stm

I suppose its within the law, but when it comes to cheap or free tickets, such as radio one's big weekend, they should not be allowed to make profit. I bet they do it for charity event ones too, which is jsut sick.

it doesnt really bother me tbh, I dont fully understand though lol, is it people who buy tickets for a concert for example, wait until the tickets are sold out, them sell them for a higher price to make a profit ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->