Towels for hospital??

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey all,
I should be able to remember this, but are yog meant to take your own towels into hospital??? I'm trying to keep as minimal as possible, hoping for a short stay. But the stuff I'm taking is building up fast!! Also how many nappies and mayernity pads are you taking?
Thanks all xxx

I didn't take any towels last time but I'd check with your hospital. I took 15 nappies but ended up staying in an extra night so OH had to get more. I took 2 packs of 10 pads but didn't get near opening the 2nd pack.

Thanks button x I seem to remember last time loosing my pack of pads in the labour room so had to beg them on the ward!! Also remember running out of baby vests!!

Oh yeah we ran out of vests and babygros as well. Poor OH had to drive back and get more stuff when I found out I had to stay an extra night while I threw a tantrum about not being allowed to go home!

I believe they supplied diapers and cloths at my hospital (in canada). I brought a pack of pads the second time around after experiencing what they had to offer the first time.
For me, I don't know if I'll get my own room (which would have a shower) so I don't know if I'll take a towel. If I do get my own room I might send hubby home for one as I am larger and would prefer a bath towel size Vs a regular towel.

I've put a towel in my bag, just in case x

I plan to bring my own as I like the large beach size towels over the regular towels.

I've heard the hospital provided towels are often thin and scratchy. I've crammed my hospital bag so full of natural birth crap (food, drinks, swimsuits for both of us, lotions, essential oils, flameless candles, etc), I don't have room for towels, so I'll just suffer for a couple showers ;) I had to draw the line somewhere! We do have private bathrooms at our hospital, so I won't be in too much trouble if my towel is on the immodest side.

Our hospital provides pads, diapers, basically everything we'd actually need to have. If I seriously hate their pads, I'll have a friend bring me some, but I'm hoping to make do with what they give me. I'm bringing my own nipple balm and baby butt balm, because I'm using the "natural" hippie stuff ;) I'm a little wary of lanolin based creams because I'm allergic to wool, and he's going into cloth diapers when we get home so I'd rather get him started on a cloth-safe diaper rash cream.

I suppose it is a UK thing, as diapers, pads, towels, even clothes where provided (for DS in the NICU, idk if term babies would get that), I couldn't imagine having to beg pads or send DH out to get diapers! But the going rate for a hospital birth herr, well, it is thousands more than in the UK, so we better get towels...

Yeah, we have to bring everything we need in the UK although I did get to use a very small hospital towel for my first shower so mine did not get blood on it. Stayed less than 24 hours so did not need my own towel in the end. Still, it is FREE to give birth at hospital in the UK (well free for us- NHS effectively picks up the tab) so I don't really mind having to bring my own nappies and so on ��

With ds1 I took two towels and used them both but my hospital bag was huge, with ds2 I wanted to take less stuff so only took one. I even ended up in my own room with ds2 with its own shower but don't remember there being any towels in there. This time I'll definitely take at least one.

Yeah, we have to bring everything we need in the UK although I did get to use a very small hospital towel for my first shower so mine did not get blood on it. Stayed less than 24 hours so did not need my own towel in the end. Still, it is FREE to give birth at hospital in the UK (well free for us- NHS effectively picks up the tab) so I don't really mind having to bring my own nappies and so on ��

Yep, exactly my point, if it costs me $7K to have a baby, they better give me some towels! Ugh. I think I'd rather bring my own towel and get out free!

Ha, yeah! I'll bring everything short of the midwife if it would mean not paying all my insurance premiums and copays and deductibles!

I took several showers while at the hospital but I couldn't remember if I had my own towels or if the hospital provided them.

Today they gave me a list of what they provide and it includes towels. Guess that answers it for my hospital!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->