Toys for Forward Facing Carseat!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by sam*~*louize, Dec 24, 2009.

1. sam*~*louize

sam*~*louize Well-Known Member

Ok following on from my other thread, LO now has a forward facing carseat. We obviously no longer have the handle to dangle her toys around.

What do you all give LO to play in car/where do you dangle them/ can you give me link/show me pic pleaseeee! :thumbup:

:flower:

2. whiby

whiby Well-Known Member

I have heard you're not supposed to use toys in car seats as they can become dangerous in the event of a crash. However I have to confess that if I know we are going a long way and he will be bored I have used a toy arch which is similar to this one but has velcro to wrap around the arch rather than clips.

https://www.kiddicare.com/wcsstore/ConsumerDirect/images/catalog/KC04965/touch_l.jpg

3. sam*~*louize

sam*~*louize Well-Known Member

Yeah her's are only litttle links with teddy's on atm :thumbup:

4. Tegans Mama

Tegans Mama home edding mum of 2

Yeah its dangerous to have hard toys around a carseat. I think I read the other day, someone on here (mommyto3co or a similar name, sorry can't remember exactly) said "Unless you are comfortable throwing the toy at your childs head as far as you can it shouldn't be around the carseat" which makes a lot of sense. Things become airborne in crashes. Wouldn't want anything bad to happen!