Trace of Protein - 28 weeks

Fredapain

Reaction score
Midwife seem unconcerned, but I thought it was terribly bad to have any protein in your wee as it may be an indication of pre eclampsia?

She said as I have had no other symptoms not to worry and only if I start with UTI symptoms then I should call gp.

Guess I'm looking for reassurance from others.....

Protein alone isnt always a bad thing, if you have other symptoms and general feel unwell more tests are usually done.

For now she will likely see what your results show at the next appt. Ive had the 'off' week with each baby showing abnormal results but fine after.

I've only had one time when I HAVEN'T had protein! a few times it was because I had a UTI. Otherwise midwife was unconcerned as she was looking for protein along with high BP and odema to make a diagnosis of pre eclampsia. Protein in urine on it's own is hasn't caused me further probs although if your concerned I'd ask your midwife or GP to check again x

Trace is just fine, and for pre-e proteins aren't the only thing they're watching for. I've had trace the whole pregnancy and my last dip stick was +1 so we discussed what I should be looking for and keep an eye on my bp but so far so good.

norm worry if + protein and high bp. I had on off protein an high bp my last preg,alot samples sent of but came back ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->