Tracking CM on days you DTD

Dill

Reaction score
Fertility Friend recommends avoiding tracking CM after arousal/before intercourse, and warns that it can affect CM for a few hours afterwards. My problem, though, is that it seems to affect my CM for basically the whole day, and I'm not sure how to chart my CM on days that we BD. :blush: It seems like every time, I'm drippy (sorry) for up to 24 hours afterwards, no matter what I do! As a result, the day after we BD, I usually have to avoid tracking my CM at all, which messes with my tracking when we're trying to carpet-bomb an egg during my fertile period because we're BD'ing nearly every day during that time and my app things I've suddenly stopped producing fertile CM.

Does anyone else have this problem? How should I track it? I'm just not sure what to do. :shrug:

I usually check cm in the middle of the day, but I don't bother after sex and I usually avoid the following day simply because if there's any swimmers hanging about it will look like ewcm when there may not be any and sometimes it seems to take forever to disappear! But if you know there won't be any hanging around then check. Or check anyway, you may be more adept at knowing the difference between swimmers and cm lol

I did some additional research, and I guess the recommendation is to wait at least 12-14 hours after DTD to check CM. I swear, though, I'm still drippy and weird after that point, but maybe it's just that I'm more likely to DTD when I have watery CM to begin with.

I usually just don't bother logging my CM, but this month, my app got confused because I didn't have any fertile CM logged during my fertile period. Well, it was because I wasn't logging because we were DTD every day because it was my fertile period. Argh!

Yeah I'm the same which is why I tend to check every other day now. I think it's more confusing if you're unsure what to put it as. I wouldn't worry, the app will get used to it, it gets confused with me but with OPKs and temps it's ok

Yeah, it was able to figure things out with the OPKs and temps (I got my crosshairs today), but it still gives me the little warning about how some of my fertility signs contradict because of the CM. Silly app. You'd think it wouldn't count NO cm entry as an infertile CM entry!

You would lol! Mine is dotted, but I can't figure out why. Possibly because ovulation was at the earlier end of the scale this time

It'd be nice if it provided us with a little more info on dotted crosshairs!

It's funny, today's tip for me was about tracking CM after DTD. The app says to try and differentiate between CM and semen by texture (CM is stretchier, clearer, and shinier), but even if you believe that your sample may be slightly "contaminated," go ahead and track it as a fertile mucus if you're near ovulation. Huh!

Hmmm ... I can't tell, so I leave it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->