Tracking cycle with trigger shot?

danni2kids

Mum of 3 boys
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I wasn't sure what section to post this in, i have low AMH. We have been trying to concieve #3 since June 2011, with out success. I have recently had a polyp removed which the Doctor believed was causing the trouble.

The last few cycles i have ovulated on my own but late, i have been averaging a 35 day cycle. Before jumping straight in to injectables with IUI, the Dr is tracking my natural cycle. This is where i have questions, yesterday CD 12 the scan showed i had a single follicle measuring 16mm, i am to have a blood test tomorrow if i am surging on my own FX an egg is released if the BT shows no surge i am to go in on Friday for a trigger shot i believe this is to release the egg?! Then i am to have my progesterone checked 7 days after trigger, im guessing if it is low the DR will prescribe my progesterone?

Any input would be great

Hi Ladies,

I wasn't sure what section to post this in, i have low AMH. We have been trying to concieve #3 since June 2011, with out success. I have recently had a polyp removed which the Doctor believed was causing the trouble.

The last few cycles i have ovulated on my own but late, i have been averaging a 35 day cycle. Before jumping straight in to injectables with IUI, the Dr is tracking my natural cycle. This is where i have questions, yesterday CD 12 the scan showed i had a single follicle measuring 16mm, i am to have a blood test tomorrow if i am surging on my own FX an egg is released if the BT shows no surge i am to go in on Friday for a trigger shot i believe this is to release the egg?! Then i am to have my progesterone checked 7 days after trigger, im guessing if it is low the DR will prescribe my progesterone?

Any input would be great

The HCG shot will release the egg (if your body hasn't done it naturally) normally they try and trigger you before you should naturally ovulate so they have a better idea of the timeframe. You will ovulate approximately 36 hours after the shot. 5-7 days after that (depending on cycle length etc) you will get a progesterone check, I believe over 15 is what they like to see. You should make sure to get vaginal suppositories if needed. They are the best way to take. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! :hugs:

Thank's very much for your reply, that is exactly what happened, i had a 16mm follicle on CD 12, on day 16 it was 23 mm and blood test the day before showed i wasn't surging so i had the trigger shot on day 16. I had ovulation pain the next day and will have a BT to check my progesterone in a couple of days. Im guessing i will need progesterone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->