Tracking down a kids book (maybe Canada?)

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
I think it's Canadian. It was in our speech class, and nobody can identify it. The family is Canadian, and we're in the US. It's been googled and re-googled, and we can't figure it out.

The book goes

Wet baby, warm bath. Little baby likes to splash, splash, splash.
Hungry baby, yummy treat. Little baby likes to eat, eat, eat.
Bye bye Lucy. Bye bye Dave. Little baby likes to wave, wave, wave.

Now you know going to google this too !

I’ve never heard of it but will join you on the hunt for it !

I am so lost! The only part that had any result was in Korean for the hungry baby line. Google translate made that page seem like speech therapy instructions on what to do when reading the book. It’s maddening! I feel like I’m this day and age it shouldn’t be this hard to google a book lol

And naturally I wasn’t actually paying attention to the class so I didn’t see the cover or illustrations. But the instructor said they use this example dozens of time a year and for years people have been asking for this book and nobody knows what it is

Oh wow it so annoying trying to find something like this ?

I wonder if DD1s old speech therapist knows what it is ! I will give her a email !

Found it! A library did a read aloud on FB just last week and luckily there was a transcript or comment that had a line in it. Thank you for the encouragement! I just about gave up

EFCE9E08-2FC8-4584-989E-8233179FCEA2.png

Oh wow how lucky was that !!
On amazon of all places right under our noses ! I would never have found that haha !!

Best email our old SLT and tell her the mystery is solved !

Glad you found it !

Right? Technically, I found it on a FB read aloud video that a random small town library did. I watched the video to confirm the lines then went back and froze when she held up the cover. Thankfully, once I had a title and cover illustration finding it on the web/Amazon was easy peasy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->