Traditional weaning -introducing finger foods

golcarlilly

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
I have been TW Myles for 8 weeks now and he seems to be getting fed up of purees even though I have started to mash things instead of pureeing so I have started to introduce some finger foods, he loves toast and we give him tiny bits of ours when we are having some and I have tried cucumber and melon strips before but tonight I gave him some chicken strips (poached a breast in baby stock) and some brocolli and green beans which i steamed, he seemed to really like them and had a go at eating everything, I am just a bit concerned that he is actually 'eating' less than he was with purees, should i give him some puree alongside the proper food do you think? I did give him some pureed apple for pudding afterwards but worried he won't be full for long enough!

I give Lucas finger food when iam feeding him so if he wants to eat a bit his self he can just to get him eating his self it dosnt really matter if he dosnt eat any of it coz he is still haveing the food off me and his milk.

What I do is either give her the finger food first..see how much she eats..if its not as much as usual then I offer her some spoon food.
Or I do it the other way and offer her half her normal spoon food amount and then give her finger things to eat.

She eats LOADS more with her hands now, as in the quantity, becuase she has teeth in the front top and bottom. For example she can eat a large bit of chicken much quicker than she used to - and in fact she probably used to stop eating maybe because its hard work with no teeth?!

I find with chicken its easier to just pull large pieces off the chicken and give her that as she can hold it and take bites easier than strips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->