Transferring to a different birth centre?

summer rain

Mum of 5
Reaction score
Well after a lot of thought and discussion I have decided not to have the home birth. Although we could think of a roughly equal number of pros and cons for both birth centre and hospital or birth centre birth, the cons of the home birth in this area under that particular team were bigger, if that makes sense. Had I known they were as they are I would never have asked to be referred to them. Anyway a totally new plan has come from an unexpected quarter. My MIL who I get on with and who has over the years slowly come to fully accept our way of parenting, she has suggested I come and stay with her with the kids and go to one of two birthing centres that they now have in that area, one of which is managed by my local hospital's NHS trust even though it is ten miles away, the other is attached to a notoriously bad hospital but from what I have heard the hospital has dramatically improved and the birth centre is completely different from it anyway and already know some ladies who had a good experience there even though it only opened less than two months ago. I am just worried about the red tape, the first birth centre would probably be easier to transfer to as its the same trust as my current hospital and my current community midwives and the home birth team so I would presume there would be at least some communication within the trust. However it isn't attached to a major hospital it's attached to a cottage type hospital/large clinic so a worry I have is they may start saying I am not suitable to give birth there as there isn't that back up of the large hospital where needed. I am considered low risk but with all the talk of consultants and yada yada yada now I have become painfully aware that not all would consider it that way. The other hospital/birth centre is 4 miles from there and there is another major hospital in the opposite direction also around 4 miles away so any problems surely they could transfer me quite easily? Anyone done a transfer this late in the day and what happened? I did transfer up to where my parents live with my second eldest but that was a whole other ball game xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->