Transvaginal ultrasound at 14 weeks?

lindsayms05

Reaction score
I have an ultrasound today at 14 weeks. I already know it will be transvaginal because the main reason for the ultrasound is to check cervical length, which is more accurate via transvaginal rather than abdominal.

Has anyone had a vaginal ultrasound at 14 weeks? What were you able to see when it comes to the baby? I have no idea if they will also do an abdominal ultrasound so I was just curious if they will be able to see much of the baby at this stage with the vaginal scan?

I had vaginal us at my 12wk scan with ds1 as he was in a funny position for measurements. Everything was a lot clearer actually than abdominal. Just we ended up mainly seeing DS's spine and the underside of him and a scary full frontal skull face rather than the usual curled up laying down baby because of the different angle of the probe lol.

I had a vaginal scan today at 15 weeks and they really couldn't see much because the uterus is expanding as the nurse told me. They also did an abdominal. Both showed different things and like you said if they want to see the length then the vaginal is the one to go for. However if they are also looking for other things they ought to do both, but if they don't you could always ask.

Thanks gals! The ultrasound lady did an abdominal scan first and then the transvaginal. She took this potty shot for us. My only concern is what the heck are those dark circles in the picture? The doctor told me she would call me if anything showed up abnormal by I'm sure she won't get the report until tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_5234.jpg
    IMG_5234.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 35
Thanks gals! The ultrasound lady did an abdominal scan first and then the transvaginal. She took this potty shot for us. My only concern is what the heck are those dark circles in the picture? The doctor told me she would call me if anything showed up abnormal by I'm sure she won't get the report until tomorrow.

I may be completely wrong but I think the dark circle area is one of your ovaries? I used to get scans of my ovaries when I was on clomid and they looked just like that.

Sarah xxx

My doc never called that something was wrong so I'm taking it as it being something harmless! Several people mentioned cysts and someone else mentioned it could be poop *gasp* if I'm constipated right now. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->