Transverse baby ...?

Mum_Of_Roodys

Reaction score
If baby is transverse is your bump bigger ? All my babies have been head down from day one this is the first time baby has been sideways this is my fifth and I feel massive I was wondering if anyone has had a sideways baby and it's affected bump size ? Also how can I get my little Dave to turn ? (Daves just a nickname btw :,)) baby's head is right at the side of me and it is quite achey and sometimes painful so I'd like to get baby to move as best as I can . Also maybe to much info but did it affect your BMs ? I keep getting constipated with this one and never got it before :/ thanks in advance xx

My son was transverse all the way up until he was delivered (via c section). My bump was tiny though, it was just like a little football! It made it quite uncomfortable to breathe near the end. Maybe it's because it's your fifth that you feel bigger? This is my third and I feel absolutely enormous! :haha: I think my muscles have just thought, yep, we know what to do!

As for getting baby to turn, check out spinning babies. :)

Really ? I've gained so much weight it's probably normal for me I just am so tiny normally I always feel massive lol and yeah my muscles I think give up half way through �� And Thankyou for your advice xx

My bumps have always gone smaller when my baby was transverse - I'd be really wide but not like a beach ball under my shirt. When my baby is in one of the optimal positions - head-down, faced toward me, but out front - that's when I get my huge bump. Since you're still early on, your baby can move wherever they wanna be. You can try SpinningBabies' Forward-Leaning Inversion, but if your baby prefers this position at this stage, they're just gonna move back. My third-born was so stubborn. I'd move her (she LOVED to be transverse, and it's NOT comfortable - especially at 30-some weeks!), and she'd always turn herself right back within a few hours. She's still just as stubborn, soooo maybe that's just my kiddo. ;)

My bump is pretty small I think I just feel fatter lol �� This is the first one that's been sideways , my forth was diagonal and he dislocated my hip on a daily basis but he turned that way around 20 weeks and didn't turn back until about 34 weeks ��

My son was transverse and turned at about 30 weeks I think, I was quite bottom heavy he was like a jelly bean across the bottom of my belly lol

Hello,

With DS he turned head down at 29 weeks and my bump was always pretty big. At 36 weeks I went to my friends stagette out to the clubs and sometime that night he must have turned transverse as the next couple days after my bump looked deflated and quite a bit smaller. It was confirmed 2 days after I was at the club that he had turned transverse by my doctor when he Palpatated my amdomen during my schedualed prenatal appointment.

Luckily 4 days after the appointment my lil man went back head down and once again I had my big bump back.

So in my experience you have a bigger bump with baby head down then transverse .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->