Traveling With 11 month old

Mimzy3

Reaction score
Looking for any advice for traveling with an 11 month old. Any tips or must haves to bring along. Also I'm an exclusive pumper so I will have to transport breast milk and my pump. Thanks ladies :flower:

no one's traveled with baby?!

We travelled overseas when my little man was 10 months. Most essential item for me was a wrap or baby carrier, so handy for airports and to let him sleep on the plane. Also would recommend a bunch of things to do on the plane,lots of books and a few toys. We found those little pouch meals handy for the plane too. Hope you have a great trip 😃

I traveled with my baby internationally when he was 10 months (15 hr flight!). However, I was able to breastfeed directly so I know I had it easy. For the pump, make sure it can handle different electric currents and different plugs. Also car adapter. I second the carrier.

Just back after a 10 HR flight with 4 1/2 month old. Bf on take off and landing made it easy. There were 3 of us to entertain him but lots of people round wanted to hold him/ play so he loved it!!! Accept any help offered because it makes it less stressful for you but also gives you a break!!! Toys and see singing to him also passed a bit of time. I found the noise of the plane helped him get to sleep!!! We could keep the stroller/ car seat/ travel system right up to the door of the plane and we had been fast tracked through the whole journey until we arrived back in England where ironically EU nationals had to wait the longest to check though passport control. In US we were last off plane and first though passport control as the stroller was waiting for us as we got off!!! No such thoughtfulness in our home country though!!!
For us the wrap is good but he preferred the stroller in the airport so he could see more and didn't get us too hot. I still took it in case though in hand luggage.

We traveled with our 5.5 month old recently. I was EBF but read a lot about travel tips in general. Assuming you are flying with lo on your lap. If it's us travel or us airline you don't have to buckle baby to you anymore. It's part of the new FFA rules. If you are using the car seat it has to be the window seat. We did not buy a seat for lo but were lucky to get an empty seat on the return trip. It was nice to have our hands free! Otherwise the airline will gate check it for you and it's ready for you when you land. We bought a cover for the stroller at the airport for $15.
Feeding during takeoff and landing helped with air pressure and he slept through the 1.5 hour journey :)
When traveling with your baby You are permitted to carry breast milk and sealed baby food in quantities required for the journey only. TSA employees may ask you to taste/sample the 'liquid' and recommend carrying an empty container to pour some out if asked to. You can read about this on their website
As for pumping I found a website that indicates airports with nursing/family room facilities. I will try linking it here. I would also suggest a car adapter for the pump in case you plan on renting a car.
As for travel must haves: baby carrier, teether (necklace kind worked best for me)
We stayed at a hotel. Recommend setting up stations for diaper changes and a play area. Although for your 11 month old it may be difficult to restrict to one place! Carry a roll of duct tape for easy baby proofing.
Will add more if I remember anything...
https://www.tsa.gov/traveling-formula-breast-milk-and-juicetraveling-formula-breast-milk-and-juice
https://nursingrooms.wordpress.com

We traveled with our 5.5 month old recently. I was EBF but read a lot about travel tips in general. Assuming you are flying with lo on your lap. If it's us travel or us airline you don't have to buckle baby to you anymore. It's part of the new FFA rules. If you are using the car seat it has to be the window seat. We did not buy a seat for lo but were lucky to get an empty seat on the return trip. It was nice to have our hands free! Otherwise the airline will gate check it for you and it's ready for you when you land. We bought a cover for the stroller at the airport for $15.
Feeding during takeoff and landing helped with air pressure and he slept through the 1.5 hour journey :)
When traveling with your baby You are permitted to carry breast milk and sealed baby food in quantities required for the journey only. TSA employees may ask you to taste/sample the 'liquid' and recommend carrying an empty container to pour some out if asked to. You can read about this on their website
As for pumping I found a website that indicates airports with nursing/family room facilities. I will try linking it here. I would also suggest a car adapter for the pump in case you plan on renting a car.
As for travel must haves: baby carrier, teether (necklace kind worked best for me)
We stayed at a hotel. Recommend setting up stations for diaper changes and a play area. Although for your 11 month old it may be difficult to restrict to one place! Carry a roll of duct tape for easy baby proofing.
Will add more if I remember anything...
https://www.tsa.gov/traveling-formula-breast-milk-and-juicetraveling-formula-breast-milk-and-juice
https://nursingrooms.wordpress.com

thank you great tips :thumbup: I will have to remember to bring my car adapter, I totally forgot about that!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->