Travelling Late in Pregnancy -would you?

lady3

Reaction score
I just got an invitation to DH's very close friend's wedding. It is just over 2 weeks before I am due. The wedding is about a 3 hour drive from where we live in London, and we would have to stay overnight. It's a small wedding, so I wouldn't feel any pressure to dance or stay out late.

Could anybody help me with advice on travelling this late? It's still in England, so I'd be fine if I went into labour. I just want to know if I should pass on this wedding, or try and make it.

should I ask my midwife?

Thanks!

Hard isn't it. I think if these friends were as close as it seems & it means alot to your OH you should go!

Thing is you could go 2 weeks early even 2 weeks late! Even weeks ago! Just never know so until baby wants to appear I would carry on as you have been personally esspecially if as above its very good friends!

Whats the worst that can happen - you go into labour you would just have bubs in another safe enviroment. as long as bubs is healthy go for it and enjoy yourself as much as you can :D

People told me to spend as much time with OH as poss before baby too - wish I'd listened ;)

I would go. Take your maternity notes just in case though!:happydance:

I would go. You would more than likely have enough time to make it back to London if you should go into labor.

I'd go if it were me. It would probably be nice as one last trip pre-baby. I was traveling until recently, and will still around my area. One thing that makes me a teeny nervous is that where I live, we like to go to Tahoe a lot. But the elevation is like 7500 feet. And we live at like 200 feet. And my cousin was like 35 weeks gone, and went over those mountains, and her water broke. Her little boy was fine, but it still makes me nervous. And they couldn't say positively that it was because of the elevation change, but it was a possibility. But if its a relatively easy drive, and their good friends, I wouldn't want to miss it. =)

Thanks ladies!!! I've just told DH to book the hotel, we're going on a last minute fling sans baby. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->