Travelling with 4yrold

jam-on-toast

Reaction score
Hello :flower:

Looking for some advice please.

I need help on how to keep a 4yr old entertained on a long haul flight (12hrs), and how I should dress her for the trip, and what i really should be taking on the flight to make it easier for us.

Thanks.x

for mine i take lots of stickerbooks , colouring books , puzzle books like spot the difference etc ipod/iphone apps/ds , top trumps , uno something like that thats small to carry depends on time of flight they may sleep ? there is always kids films and cartoons too. Lollipops usually work too. as for the clothes i find it can get chilly sometimes i would just dress lightly like leggins t shirt etc but put a cardi / jumper in your hand luggage , if you dont use it on the flight you may be grateful of it when you land if its night time etc.

Dec was 3.5 years when we flew a 10 hour flight last year, we bought a few little suprise toys, little cars, soliders, travel games, to put in the hand luggage, he also had my ipad and his brothers ipod to play with. We didnt give him anything until he started getting bored which was about 4-5 hrs into the flight, he spent most of the first 4-5 hrs watching the little tv, having a little walk up and down the plane and looking out the window. We just dressed him in 3/4 length trousers and a t-shirt with a little cardigan he could take of and on as he pleased.

Many thanks for the advice and tips. Much appreciated.

We'll be flying from 10pm, so i'm hoping that she'll sleep through a bulk of the flight.

Thanks again xx

I spoke with my husband and he says the flight offer colouring pad and crayons etc, which saves me buying them. We've bought books, magazines, sticker pads as suggested too :D

My daughter picked out her travelling outfit today too. Luckily it consists of layers so I'm hoping this also helps!

Much thanks.x

I always find the flight isnt so bad as the waiting to board after check in! I would suggest just the same as the others, one extra thing we have is a teddy bears passport, Lucas wont go anywhere with out "Little Stan" the world most mankiest stuffed cat, so we got him a teddy passport that has Stans picture in :haha: and that seems to make things pass quicker as "Little Stan" obviously has to be checked in and body searched and so on! :wacko:

Comfortable clothes!!!.... I did a 7pm flight once with my LO and put him in PJs x

Thanks!!!

I've invested in a Leappad/leapfrog tablet for her too. Hoping that should fill in any massive boredom gaps.

Great idea about the PJ's, think this is something I will do for her too as it's going to be one hellof a long day/night/day ;)

We don't fly long haul really but when we go over to France we go by Ferry as we need the cars with us. Not all long haul flights have in flight entertainment I suggest checking with your airline before you fly (DELTA flights don't- I know that for sure).

We invested in a in car TV system a couple of years ago- the kids can watch DVDs, and play on their Xbox and it keeps them entertained for hours. But make sure you break it up with travel games, colouring books, puzzle books and take plenty of snacks and drinks.

We invested in a in car TV system a couple of years ago- the kids can watch DVDs, and play on their Xbox and it keeps them entertained for hours. Maybe buy a portable DVD player? But make sure you break it up with travel games, colouring books, puzzle books and take plenty of snacks and drinks.

Thanks!

The airline provides the little ones with activity packs and has inflight entertainment too, so I'm thankful of that :D
Only one week to go and I'm starting to feel the panic....Pass the kalms! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->