Treatment for CIN and future premature babies?

HCB

Reaction score
Before I became pregnant last year I had an abnormal smear so ended up having a colposcopy and 2 biopsies done. They came back as showing only mild changes. After I gave birth I had to go back for a follow up colposcopy 3 months afterwards, which I've just had and also another biopsy. Unfortunately, this time the changes are more severe and CIN 2 has been diagnosed. I have to have further treatment - LLETZ (Large Loop Excision of the Transformation Zone) - to remove the affected cells.

I am concerned that after I have the treatment there is a higher risk of going into preterm labour or having a baby with a low birth weight. Having already had by babies prematurely this time I really don't want to have to go through that again or go through a pregnancy even more worried about the possibility so I end up not enjoying it.

Has anyone else had this or other treatment for CIN and then ended up having their baby prematurely or did you get given a stitch to prevent it? Any advice or information on what you went through would be gratefully received!!

Helen

Hey
I had CIN 2 a few years ago and had a biopsy. This was not ever classed as significant by anyone in the medical profession when I was first pregnant, but I went into premature labour at 34 weeks.

Second time round I requested regular scans of my cervix to check for shortening. There was a point at which is looked like it was shortening and I may go into prem labour again, but not worthy of a sticth. But I hung on till 36 weeks. I have no idea if there is any link to the biopsy but I know others on here have had similar worries.

There is a helpful thread in the gestational complications forum called Incompetent Cervix. You may get more help there. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->