Trees

c1403

Reaction score
When will you do yours?:xmas9:

Dd1 is begging me to do ours soon. I've said no way as I'd get annoyed with the clutter
She has a small 3ft tree for her room which she set up today although I'm waiting on baubels from shein but the order seems to have slowed right down and still not confirmed. So o think I'll take her homebargains next weekend .

I think we will do ours 26th November. I normally go for 29th/30th but she has a competition on the 1st so it will be too much. I guess doing around 25th will mean it's up for a month.

Neighbour opposite already has theirs up plus wreath and window lights. I don't feel it's time yet, still too early and lots to get done beforehand.

If anyone had theirs up already share pics :xmas9:

I'd normally do it the last weekend of November or the first weekend of December.

I've booked 27th Nov-3rd Dec off, but with how my shift pattern falls, I've got 24th-5th off :happydance: so I'll be putting it up during my time off. I want to gut the house and do a really good clean everywhere first (I don't know why).

I was actually looking at different Christmas trees; thanks to Tiktok. But I only bought mine last year, which I love but not in-love; So I'll probably go for another next year.

DD1 has had hers up all year round, refused to take it down, refused to move it to a different place out of the way and refused new decorations or lights. DD2 has picked Lilo & Stitch theme this year, so I bought some baubles from Tesco, tinsel and lights from Asda and going to reuse some clear baubles I used 5-6 years ago and stick stickers on them.

We will put ours up on the weekend closest to 1st December

@smartie that is such a good idea re stickers.
DD2 is having a Harry Potter theme. I got her 4 house baubles in Primark last week and she has plain ones coming at some point. I am going to get some stickers and she can stick them on....

I really want a new tree too, saw a lovely one in Hombase last week its £250 so out of budget this year....maybe next year ha ha

We usually do it some time between the last week of November and the 4th of December. This year we are decorating the living room and DH said as soon as its done we may as well put it up.

Ours will be towards the end of the month. I let the kids decorate it last year and left it exactly how they did it, so this year it's my turn :haha: I might do it whilst they're at school!!

Ours is normally up for the 1st December, however the past few years, especially around COVID times, it went up earlier, last year it was a few days before the 25th November (which is DH's birthday), he says not before this year but we'll see. I'd love it up for my birthday but mines September so no chance I have offered to switch birthday days with him, he says no 8-[

I got everything out at the weekend ready as still had Halloween stuff to put away and thought well while I’m in here I might as well just get it out. Now I’ve realised I haven’t got the kids tree out so I’ll have to venture back for that oops!
will put them up at the weekend.

I got everything out at the weekend ready as still had Halloween stuff to put away and thought well while I’m in here I might as well just get it out. Now I’ve realised I haven’t got the kids tree out so I’ll have to venture back for that oops!
will put them up at the weekend.
We got a Halloween box waiting to go back up :haha:

I am a weirdo I guess because our tree doesn't go up until December 15th...at the earliest...

But I live in a more northern part of the US and our days are very short and the dark comes early right now. I find myself battling the 'winter blues' after Christmas is over so I started putting my tree up later but leaving it up later too. We now take the ornaments off so they don't get broken but leave the tree and lights up til the end of January. It just makes the dreary January days seem a bit brighter when I do this.

DD1 has done hers this weekend. She wanted a pink theme...looks pretty especially with her LEDs in the background but not my style. I like traditional

We will be in California this year so will just get a little table top one for the hotels etc I have got to have a tree lol

Tree is up :xmas9:
I had a really good method of doing the lights section by section but then ended up running out has to start all over. 100% want a pre lit next time!

I am shattered now and can't wait for bed

Screenshot_20231126_195828_Photos.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back