Triphasic and not pregnant?

cheekybint

TTC #4 after TR, 1 tube
Reaction score
Hey all

I promised myself i wouldn't spend this cycle analysing symptoms. However, one thing i've not been able to ignore is my chart, which is starting to look triphasic.

I know it's not a definite sign of pregnancy but I'm just wondering how many people have had a triphasic chart and turned out to be pregnant, and how many haven't.

I've added a poll for ease, but please give me your opinions :)

Edit: I'm going to post a link to this thread in 1st Trimester too

hi cheeky,

I'm so glad you've posted this thread as I am 10dpo and my chart is also looking as though its triphasic. I'm looking forward to seeing the results of your poll.

L xx:hugs:xx

Hi cheeky, I have voted triphasic and pregnant, however, mine was a chemical. If you look at my chart (last cycle) FF said it was triphasic CD43.
Somewhere are the stats on triphasic charts, I'll find it later and post it here, but it's something like 12% of pregnancy Charts were triphasic, and 5% of non pregnancy charts were triphasic.

X x x

Can i ask a really silly question and ask, what does triphasic mean? Sorry ladies! theres always one dummy right!

Triphasic is a second sustained temperature shift, so your temp rises at ovulation and then rises again, and stays elevated. Look at my last chart, which was triphasic CD43...

Cheeky - I'd also post the link in BFP announcements and the preg gallery so people who have just got their bfp can vote..

x x x

awww I could only vote once my first cycle charting I got a triphasic chart and turned out not pregnant but my second cycle charting my chart was triphasic and turned out to be pregnant. Sadly I just MC @ 8+1 weeks.

Here is the link to FF stats and a triphasic chart example
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Triphasic_Pattern_and_Pregnancy.html
12.46% of pregnant women had a triphasic chart
4.47% of not pregnant women had a triphasic chart
Average day of triphasic shift 9DPO

So if you have a triphasic chart, you're more likely to be pregnant, but it's not a definite (of course - nothings a definite when it comes to ttc!!)

x x x

awww I could only vote once my first cycle charting I got a triphasic chart and turned out not pregnant but my second cycle charting my chart was triphasic and turned out to be pregnant. Sadly I just MC @ 8+1 weeks.

:hugs: sorry to hear that Moochacha - I hope you get a sticky bean next time around x x x

Thanks for your imput ladies!

I will add the thread to BFP announcements and Gallery too, thanks SBB!

hey cheekybint, i just looked ur chart and its actually not triphasic yet :blush: triphasic actually means a third temperature shift first one being for ovulation, if u then get another sustained rise then yet another one this is traphasic and FF will tell u if it triphasic too, on ur chart now u need one more temp rise in order for FF to tell u this, the actual word "tri" in triphasic means 3 hence the three rises needed, i do hope it goes up again for u hunny and is sticky bean :hugs:

Thanks Charliemarina, i know this already. I did say my chart is "starting to look triphasic".

Triphasic actually refers to the three different stages of a cycle, not 3 temperature rises following each other. A normal ovulatory cycle is referred to as a biphasic chart because there is 2 stages, and triphasic if there is 3 stages.

I'm interested if finding out how many others people this has happened to and have become pregnant, purely because my chart is starting to look triphasic, not because it IS triphasic

Thank you anyway :)

I had a lovely triphasic chart last month, got AF bang on time :( Take a look at my chart, hopefully you will go triphasic and get your bfp!

hey cheekybint, i just looked ur chart and its actually not triphasic yet :blush: triphasic actually means a third temperature shift first one being for ovulation, if u then get another sustained rise then yet another one this is traphasic and FF will tell u if it triphasic too, on ur chart now u need one more temp rise in order for FF to tell u this, the actual word "tri" in triphasic means 3 hence the three rises needed, i do hope it goes up again for u hunny and is sticky bean :hugs:

I agree with cheeky, the three stages are pre Ov temps, the rise for Ov (biphasic), and the third rise is what makes a chart triphasic.

if your temps stay High Cheeky I think FF will say you're triphasic :yipee:

FX for you hun x x x

Hey all

I promised myself i wouldn't spend this cycle analysing symptoms. However, one thing i've not been able to ignore is my chart, which is starting to look triphasic.

I know it's not a definite sign of pregnancy but I'm just wondering how many people have had a triphasic chart and turned out to be pregnant, and how many haven't.

I've added a poll for ease, but please give me your opinions :)

Edit: I'm going to post a link to this thread in 1st Trimester too

Did you end up getting a BFP? This is the first time I’ve had a triphasic chart and I’m obsessing over it

7BCE8987-4D20-431C-926B-B784E10350C0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"