Trush - advice

carbafe

Reaction score
I am not sure if i could have trush. I have had a lot of pain feeding this time with cracked and bleeding nipples. Things are slowly getting better and as far as anyone can see he is latched well but my nipples and still a bit squashed and sore so still not quiet right.

Health visitor etc have checked DS's mouth for trush and there is no sign however the last few days I have a trobbing/stabing pain after feeding as well as the nipple pain. My breast are also a little itchy but not just my nipples also on the breast - I have dry skin an moisturise my whole body adter my shower but have been avoiding my breasts so LO isnt eating it

Could I have trush but it not showing in LO's mouth ? What other signs are there ? I have had pain from day one so I am unsure.

I have had 2 bouts of thrush since BF. My LO didn't have any signs in his mouth but my doctor gave him antibiotics just incase, a very mild one. I then had to put anti fungal cream (canestan) on my nipple 3 times a day for a week. Just make sure you wash the cream off before feeding :)

Hope this helps, I know first hand how painful it is. Sending you :hugs:

I'm pretty sure I have nipple thrush. DD has a small amount of white coating at the back of her tongue which the HV checked on Friday and wasn't concerned with. I've been in agony with feeding and DD has begun pulling on my nipple while still latched. This has made my nipples really sore, and begin to crack. Lanolin cream is doing nothing. My nipples are red, the pain continues during and between feeds, and can spread through my breast. All symptoms associated with nipple thrush.

I can't even pump without it hurting. I've been using nipple shields until I can get an on-the-day appt with the GP tomorrow. These have definitely helped with the pain during feeding, and I've been taking ibuprofen for the pain between feeds.

Miss Redknob - how long did yours take to clear up each time you've had it?

It generally cleared up after about 3 days but I always did the cream on my nipple and the antibiotics for bub for 7 days just to be sure! That's what my doctor advised :)

I've got canesten for my nipples (which is already helping!!) and DD has nystatin drops 4x a day. The cream says to use it for 2 weeks and the drops until we've finished the bottle, as long as it does the trick I don't mind how long we have to do it for!! Lol.

That's great to hear it is already helping :hugs: I suppose it depends on the severity of it, my DS never had the white stuff in his mouth, he had a few red patches but nothing too bad :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->