Try right after miscarriage??

ashley2pink

Mom to 4 girls
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the site. I recently had a chemical miscarriage at not quite 4 weeks a few days ago. I had tested positive with 3 tests at 12 dpo and then got negatives, went to get blood work hcg was 5, then I started bleeding. I plan on trying right away without waiting a cycle.
I have 2 girls. My first pregnancy resulted in my now 4.5 yr old, 2nd preg ended in miscarriage at 5 weeks, 3 rd pregnancy resulted in my daughter who just turned 2. In fact I conceived my 3rd pregnancy just 2 weeks after my miscarriage. So, I feel good about trying right away this time as well. Has anybody else also had a successful preg getting preg immediately after a miscarriage??? I think the fact that I was so early in the preg is also a good reason I dont need to wait.

Hey Ashley! I'm sorry for your losses. But I think you should be just fine to try straight away (once bleeding has stopped obviously). There was some research out here in the UK recently that concluded that pregnancies conceived within 6 months of a mc even have a slightly better chance of being healthy. And as you say, if you weren't very far along then your body won't need much time to get back to normal either.
I had a mmc at 12 weeks in September and we started to try straight away (about 3 weeks on). Weren't so lucky that time but I'd still rather have tried than wasted time waiting. Best of luck!

There's nothing to stop you going for it. If you feel emotionally ready then I say do it
Good luck hunni

Thanks so much!!! I do feel ready! Good luck to you too.

I think everyone is different. I was told to wait at least one cycle (with one doctor saying at least 3 cycles - NO WAY could I wait that long). I was 12 weeks along so maybe that's why??:shrug:

I am glad I didn't try too hard in between my miscarriage and 1st cycle because my first period after was REALLY short - only 1 day of actually bleeding. I don't think my lining was thick enough yet and I don't know if it would have supported implantation. I am now TTC for real and think my body should be back on track by now.

Good luck TTC - if you feel comfortable TTCing right away go for it.

So sorry for you loss:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->