Trying again to post this - please help!

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
My baby has gone off his bottle at daycare. I have tried sippy cups it doesnt work. I dont know what to do , he just wont take the milk, he will eat the fruit and veg but no milk!
He got used to a mam bottle and it was going well. then he got sick with whooping cough and he stayed at home for two weeks, the first day he went back he took the bottle fine, only the day after for past week and a half has he refused it!?

At my wits end..
He is nursing fine, only nurses at home no bottles.

:cry:

I really don't know hun. I'll bump this up for you so it doesn't get swamped underneath. :hugs:

Can you try replacing one feed with a bottle when he's at home to get him used to it again?

When Sam was just over 7 months he started completely refusing bottles (having been fine with bottles of expressed milk since he was about 6 weeks old). It looked like it was making him uncomfortable and I thought it might be because he was teething but my HV told me he'd clearly forgotten how to drink from one (didn't think that was likely at 7 months) and that there was no point in trying. As soon as his teeth came through I tried again and he took it eith no problems.

Sorry for rambling...any chance he's teething and it's uncomfortable for him? If he is, applying teething gel/powder 20 mins before a feed can help, as well as chilling the teat (although it doesn't stay cool for long) x

What has the nusery said hun?

they are just asking me to help them, the babysitter has tried sippy cups, regular cups everything, she doesnt know what to do

Can you try replacing one feed with a bottle when he's at home to get him used to it again?

he only nurses at home so that would mean pumping two full bottles a day 1 for home 1 for daycare

When Sam was just over 7 months he started completely refusing bottles (having been fine with bottles of expressed milk since he was about 6 weeks old). It looked like it was making him uncomfortable and I thought it might be because he was teething but my HV told me he'd clearly forgotten how to drink from one (didn't think that was likely at 7 months) and that there was no point in trying. As soon as his teeth came through I tried again and he took it eith no problems.

he is teething badly now maybe thats it but no teeth are through, im sure he hasnt forgotten how to drink from it.

Sorry for rambling...any chance he's teething and it's uncomfortable for him? If he is, applying teething gel/powder 20 mins before a feed can help, as well as chilling the teat (although it doesn't stay cool for long)

doesnt the gel numb them and make it hard to suck?

he only nurses at home so that would mean pumping two full bottles a day 1 for home 1 for daycare

he is teething badly now maybe thats it but no teeth are through, im sure he hasnt forgotten how to drink from it.

Sorry for rambling...any chance he's teething and it's uncomfortable for him? If he is, applying teething gel/powder 20 mins before a feed can help, as well as chilling the teat (although it doesn't stay cool for long)

doesnt the gel numb them and make it hard to suck?

Sam didn't have any teeth when he stopped taking bottles either - they didn't come through until about 3 weeks later. I think he was still in pain though. The teething gel does numb them a bit but doesn't seem to make it hard to suck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->