Trying Again

S

sugarlove

I've had what I'm pretty sure was a chemical pregnancy and prior to that I had an early miscarriage. Do you think I should try again straight away or wait a cycle?

Is it dangerous to try again and what did other people do or get advised by their doctors? If you don't wait, can it increase the chance of another miscarriage?

Thanks

I think it is a personal decision. Doctor's have a wide variety of opinions on this. The truth is, they really don't know definitively. They are just making educated guesses. I think it is really up to you and how you feel about trying so soon. I'm so sorry for your losses.

Personally for me, I decided to wait one cycle just to make sure I had a point of reference for dating.

I tried staightaway and got pregnant 3 weeks after the mc ended. Agree with ^^^

Unless you have been told otherwise (like when one has a molar or ectopic) you can start right away if you so feel inclined. You will only get pg again if your body is ready for it.

Sorry for your loss and good luck, chicken

:hugs: Omi xxx

My acupuncturist wanted me to wait three months so my body could build strength, but I've known people who've gotten pregnant the very next month and carried to term.

I've had what I'm pretty sure was a chemical pregnancy and prior to that I had an early miscarriage. Do you think I should try again straight away or wait a cycle?

Is it dangerous to try again and what did other people do or get advised by their doctors? If you don't wait, can it increase the chance of another miscarriage?

Thanks

Hi Sugarlove, i'm in exactly the same situation as you, an early m/c at the end of April and last week a chemical pregnancy, I've decided to wait a month, just to give myself a break, i'm all over the place, and need a month off!! Good luck to you whatever you decide x

Hi Sugarlove,

I'm also in a similar position to you except we lost our baby in March (tfmr) and I was 18 wks pregnant so had to give birth. I asked my doctor about ttc and he said to wait at least one or two cycles but preferably longer. He said its to give the body and mind a chance to heal properly. We found it impossible to wait though so have been trying already. This month is my 2nd cycle so we're keeping our fingers crossed for happy news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->