trying not to worry

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
but Hannah's milk intake keeps dropping :( She's been cranky lately which we think is teething so we're pretty sure that's the reason. But she's had less than 10 ounces today :cry: Gave her a yogurt at lunch to help with the calcium but we can't give her too much more dairy as it constipates her

Just keep giving her lots of other fluids. She'll be fine, and it is probably teething! Try not to worry too much. :hugs:

oh sweetie :hugs: i was reading emma's thread and sonny suggested putting teething gel on gums before milk/bottles. sounded like a good idea imo. i would just try to keep her fluids up as best you can :hugs: x

thanks :( we tried the teething gel but it didn't help things. Will keep trying water etc. to keep her fluids up

I think, not sure, but I think someone said you guys can get flavoured baby milk? :blush: Not sure who said it, or if it's true.. but perhaps try that if it is true??

actually think I remember reading that toria, will definitely look into it

She will be fine, this wont last forever. Just keep giving water/juice, offer formula etc. Use formula in her cereal etc.

:hug:

Elinors milk intake fluxuated too. Some times she was on track other times she refused. Our health visitor said that she was maybe bored of the milk at one stage when she was coming up for 11 months old. Her weight went up and down and up and down. But she was fine :) There was no need to worry :) Even tho i still did! Hope things get sorted for you

claire xxxxx

well after I posted this hubby got her to eat 5 ounces (which is good for her) and had a massive poop :blush: of course the "bottle" had to be given through a sippy cup but whatever works right?

Are you feeding her food for breakfast/lunch/dinner? Maybe skip one and only give milk for that meal? She might be full from real food?

hey at her age if she wants a sippy cup... let er rip! whatever works.

yep breakfast lunch and dinner, she's been fully weaned for over a month with no problems. I've tried skipping snacks etc but she still just won't take the milk from the bottle. Sippy cup seems to be working better though so we'll go with that for now

It sounds like we're going through something quite similar with Alasdair at the moment. He has about 10oz a day now (was up at 15 for quite a while) and he will only have milk in the middle of the day through a sippy cup. My friend has a baby who is 3 weeks younger than Ally and Hannah and he is even worse with his milk intake but the HV was happy that if he is still having some formula and still having whole milk and gaining weight, it's okay. I don't understand how 20oz is what they're meant to have but my friends LO is only have 3oz some days! I'm hoping it's just a phase for Ally but his milk intake has been going down for months now.

In a way, I think the sippy cup is actually better as eventually, we're going to want to wean them off the bottle anyway :) Also, I think one of the reasons Ally likes the sippy cup is because it has handles and he can be more independent when he drinks from it. Maybe Hannah's the same?

It's not nice when they do things like this with their milk intake is it! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->