Trying SMEP this cycle! Anyone else? Success stories?

MamaBunny2

Reaction score
I happened to come across a thread about SMEP (Sperm Meets Egg Plan) yesterday and was intrigued.

Basically, you begin BD every other day starting on CD8. Then you add the use of OPK starting on CD10 until you get a +. BD the day of the + OPK and the two days following as well. Skip a day, then BD one final time. 15 days after your + OPK, if :af: hasn't arrived, you take a HPT.

Here's a link that explains the process: https://spermmeetseggplan.com/

I spent my last cycle not doing anything but :sex: All the temping, testing, over analyzing and symptom spotting was stressing myself and my partner out :wacko: Was going with the NTNP relaxed attitude again this cycle but this process seems easy enough and I'll make use of the extra digi OPKs I have :thumbup: I just so happened to be at CD8 yesterday so got started!

Anyone familiar with SMEP, trying it, have tried it, had success... or not successful? Just when I thought I've discovered and learned everything else, I come across SMEP :dohh:

Hi MamaBunny! I'm on the other thread I saw you posted in for SMEP but figured I'd say hi in here, too! Trying for #1 so no success yet, but have my fx for this cycle. Just waiting to test right now! I have also incorporated acupuncture for the last two cycles and their Chinese medicine herbs this cycle. Hoping with every ounce of my being that this is the one for us! Good luck and baby dust to you on your SMEP venture! Hope you get a BFP! :dust:

Aww thanks for posting MrsG! Have you been trying this method for long? My OB/GYN said if we don't fall pregnant by January he would issue an HSG for me to see if my tubes are OK. SMEP is kind of my last effort in really trying but it doesn't seem to be too stressful of an approach. If it doesn't work this cycle I might try for one more before exploring further options/tests with my doctor...

This is our 4th month attempting SMEP, although, almost completely missed it on 3rd cycle so that hardly counts lol (I believe first round of acupuncture caused me to O early)! I agree with you, it's a pretty straight forward process in TTC. I am still temping, as I do find I sometimes have difficulty with the OPKs and I like having that certainty about if/when O happened. Hopefully you won't need the HSG, but if you do, I've heard of some women saying it helped clear the tubes out and they got their BFP that very cycle or the following. In fact, my OBGYN said the same. He actually had me get one well before we started TTC, as I had a severely ruptured appendix as a teen which comes with the risk of tubal blockage. Now that we've been trying for 7 cycles, I wish I had waited and had it done the month before we started trying, but I didn't really process that at the time. Just wanted to know if they were clear! :haha: The dr who performed the test did say that one might have been slightly blocked as the dye didn't go through right away, but eventually did. But again hope you won't even make it to that point and you get your BFP!

I was ttc baby 2 for 7 months and got bfp with SMEP :) I needed clomid to get ovulation going. But yes, SMEP was successful for me :)

I've not tried SMEP yet myself as we've been NTNP (and I'm currently breastfeeding) but have been reading up on it as if we haven't got pregnant by the new year (two more cycle I think) I'd like to start doing a little more to help things along.

I currently don't do anything to 'try' except not using protection. From the research that I've done people that have had success with SMEP say that the cycle they got their BFP they followed SMEP down to the letter; they DTD exactly when the process said to. They said there was cycles where they didn't follow it down to the letter and they weren't successful that cycle.

I've always struggled to interpret OPKs with the lines. Has always confused me. So I'm going to save up over the next month and a half and buy some digital ones in the hope they will be clearer!

x

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I hadn't said a thing to my partner because I didn't want to stress or pressure him. We just so happened to BD on CD8 so I figured with him starting his new job yesterday he would be too tired for :sex: and then I would initiate today. Well... I was so wrong and he was ready to get 'er done last night :dohh: I was slyly trying to dodge his advances but eventually caved in. He was concerned since I never ever turn him down so I ended up sharing my SMEP plans with him and apologized for making him feel unwanted. He was totally fine with it and said we could try it out and was sorry he screwed up my plans :haha:

So... I'm wondering if I should throw out SMEP-ing until next cycle, BD today like I planned, or skip today since we BD the past two days? We hadn't BD on CD6 and 7, then did on CD8 and 9. I'm supposed to start OPK today until I get a +. Not sure what I should do :shrug:

Olivette I have trouble with the OPK strips too. I bought some store brand digis that show either a circle or smiley. So much easier :thumbup:

Sharnw that's awesome and congrats! :happydance: I'm pretty sure I'm ovulating as I have gotten + OPKs as well as a very distinct BBT shift around CD13-16 the past few months. Perhaps my man and I are just BD too much?! :blush: I tried explaining to him that we should allow his :spermy: a day in between to restock :bodyb:

I would go with SMEP even though you BD on the 8th and 9th. Just start out where you'd currently be. :)

x

Well looks like SMEP isn't working out like I thought. My man is making it impossible to stick to the schedule :growlmad: I'm not too frustrated though... would rather have him want me than not! Plus, I read a web article that says not to worry about BD every day because it won't affect my chances :thumbup: Since my plans to start SMEP last week, I've manage to skip only CD10 instead of skipping CD9 and 11 :dohh: There's always next cycle I suppose :coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->