trying to be strict and not smile back at my baby!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by barbarap, Apr 4, 2011.

1. barbarap

barbarap Well-Known Member

it's sooo hard!
    i just put her down for her nap because she was looking drowsy and now she seems to have perked up and won't stop smiling each time i go to put her dummy back.
    i'm trying not to smile back, don't want to stimulate her, but she's cracking me up!!!
    this makes me realize that in the future she's going to get anything out of me, i really can't resist her beautiful smiley face!!

2. bathbabe

bathbabe Mum to 3 boys

Haha hard isnt it! Good luck! X

3. mrs_park

mrs_park Mummy to THREE BOYS!

Isaac does the same thing! I'll put him down asleep and five minutes later he'll start moaning so I go in to sooth him only to be greater with the biggest smile you've ever seen!

Do you try to put your LO back to sleep or take the big happy smiles as a sign she's had enough sleep? I never know what to do!

4. kelly29

kelly29 Guest

hahahaaa:haha: i'm the same :haha: i try so hard not too!!! esp at 3am, when she's screaming and squealing with happiness, i want to play back, but i cant as its 3am:haha: i think its being in love with your lo:cloud9: i'm so loved up with maddie me love her sooooooooooooooo much:blush:i'm a sucker!!! you'd think i'd know better 4th time around:haha: x

5. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Mummy to 2 girls.

aww, go with the flow :)
    bella was so tired earlier, sucking her thumb, rubbing her eyes...i put her down, went to check on her a couple of minutes later, thinking she'd gone to sleep as there was no sound coming from her room...she was sitting up in her cot, thumb in her mouth & gave me the biggest grin & i burst out laughing!
    xx

6. clarsair

clarsair Well-Known Member

I was the same last night, normally I can resist but when I smiled she started laughing, which made me laugh and then it just escalated! She still went to sleep though!