• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trying to conceive #1 success/encouragement!!

Tanzie

Reaction score
Hi :)
I'm only writing this because I'm newly pregnant (11 weeks) with baby #1 and while... and before...my husband and I were trying to conceive I'd search these threads for advice and help with patience. So... Here is what worked for us!

I tried tracking my ovulation with the basal thermometer thing, but I found that it was hard to tell when my temp actually rose since each morning was slightly different due to the amount of covers I had on when I woke up. So in August I started using clearblue easy digital ovulation predictors. I started tracking before ttc so I could see if I actually got a positive and the tests worked. I did! So I kept tracking the next month (September) and when we officially decided to start ttc ovulation had already passed. So October was our first official month to go for it! My husband and i had already made the decision to try the Shettles method for gender sway towards a boy. My mom used it for her 2 kids and it worked both times. This method wants you to only have sex during ovulation if you're wanting a boy. We continued using the opks. My cycles are crazy... Not your typical 28 days so those tests were a life saver. I was also tracking my cervical mucus. Waiting for the egg white, good stuff.

I got my positive opk and ewcm on cycle day 14. I only got a positive for that day (I tested morning and night). We had unprotected sex that night. I did baking soda finger instead of a baking soda douche because I've read mixed reviews about the douche and bsf seemed so much easier. We waited about a half hour then we also used preseed and my husband drank a rockstar for the caffeine (he hates coffee which is whats recommended). I laid on my back for 20 minutes after sex before peeing. We repeated these steps the next morning and night. The remaining nights we used condoms. And the days before ovulation we didn't have sex at all.. Which is whats recommended.

That 2 week wait after ovulation is AWFUL!!! Just like everyone says! I have to admit I got super discouraged reading online at how if I were pregnant I should be experiencing early signs... Which I had NONE OF!! My mom and my husband were tired of waiting for my period to come or not so I took an early pregnancy test only 11 days past ovulation and got a positive!!! Went to the dr that day at was just about 4 weeks :)

The only symptoms I had was being super tired... Which I blamed on daylight savings! Then these TERRIFYING cramps... Like wake you from your sleep in panic cramps came at about 6 weeks. No bleeding came so dr said not to worry, and to take Tylenol if the pain got bad enough. Then at about 7 weeks nausea hit like a ton of bricks. It's still hard to eat ANYTHING but fortunately I haven't thrown up once!!! Sore boobs and dark veins have also come along.

I have yet to find out if the Shettles method helped us get our baby boy ( obviously either way... Boy or girl... We thank God for!!) and hopefully with a 3d ultrasound we will be able to find out in a few weeks. We know its still early, but I wanted to share what worked for us and conceiving!

Sorry for this Loooonnnggg boring novel but hopefully someone will find something useful in this! GOOD LUCK

Firstly, congratulations on your pregnancy. My husband and I are TTC#1 and have been for 3 months now. We're really hoping for a girl but will be happy just to conceieve really. Is bsf safe to do? And do you recommend it for trying for a girl? Also how come your husband was drinking energy drinks? Like what did that do to help? Also how many times did you DTD and over how many days? Sorry that I'm asking personal questions, I'm just really wanting to increase mine and my husbands chances of conceiving. Oh and why did you use condoms after ovulation?

Again congratulations on your pregnancy.
-AussieBub

Hi AussieBub
We did lots if research of the Shettles method. For conceiving a boy, you need a alkaline environment which is what the baking soda is there to provide. With a girl you need a more acidic environment so I wouldn't recommend bsf (honestly, about it being safe... I just read stories online and just went for it. I read if you insert your finger too far it could really burn your cervix, so I just put it at the opening of the vagina). The energy drink was so his sperm would move faster! Shettles says to save up the sperm count and then drink up to 2 cups of coffee or tea to help sperm mobility... Again for a boy. We dtd the night I got the +opk, and the following morning and night. The reason we stopped trying and used condoms after that is because shettles says there is a higher rate of miscarriage if conceived after ovulation. I didn't do research on that, so I'm not sure how accurate it is. I would definitely recommend researching the shettles gender sway method. It has diets (which I didn't follow) for you and all kinds of info on how to be more alkaline or acidic! I'd post information for you here but my silly phone won't let me switch pages to read ;) good luck to you and your hubby

Thanks Tanzie. After reading your thread I actually went and looked up Shettles method for a girl and instead of baking soda its vinegar. I'm not too keen on poking vinegar up there so I think I'll leave that out ha ha. Sucks though because apparently we improve our chances of a girl if I dont orgasm. Might pick up some condoms for after ovulation. I could suggest we dont try and DTD after ovulation but we're only human and we have urges haha. Congratulations again and thank you for all your advice.

-AussieBub

Hi Tanzie,

I know its been long you have posted your experience. I am new to this forum. I wish to become mom soon and want a cute baby boy as my first. I have also read about methods to sway for a boy. Just wanted to know if you got your boy having done all that you mentioned in your post.

Any other tips are welcome :)

Thanks in advance.

Hi Tanzie

I am reading all forums to get information to conceive baby boy.

What did you ended with the trick you did? Did you have baby boy?

Please come back to me as we are planning in Aug to conceive.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->