Trying to conceive after birth control

Hi all,

I am another BCP hater. 12 years on Microgynon. Stopped in March and although I am one of the luckier ones who actually gets AF, I am irregular, don't think I always ovulate and when I do have a short LP.

From what I can understand BCP knocks the hormone balance. I am taking vitex because it doesn't mimic a particular hormone but works on the pituitary to help stabiles and regulate hormone production. It takes a few months to work so you have to be patient. Something I'm not very good at. I am also taking B 100 complex. B6 is meant to lengthen the LP but improving follicular development and therefore the corpus luteum. Generally ladies who have been on hormonal BC seem to be deficient in the B vitamins.

I am taking the vitex all cycle long. I have checked with a qualified and practicing herbalist and it is fine to do so, just have to stop when you get your BFP.

I have heard of using BCP to kick start the body into regular cycles again. cdn Equestrian - let us know how you get on. Good luck.

ilovemyhubby - -Hope you don't mind me asking but why why have you reduced protein? Most people don't eat enough protein. It is important to eat protein with carbs as it stabilises blood sugar. Protein is also needed for tissue repair. Make sure you are eating protein with every meal.

true but many americans eat way too much protien, since im living in china my eating choices are limited to simple carb filled noodle dishes and straight meat dishes, so ive been going to the market and getting vegg and eating brown and black rice and oats everyday but keeping my protein in balance was something i needed to do. not to mention im a bit fearful of the hormones that are pumped into meat. im still eating plenty but dont want to overload. when i was living in america i ate lots of burgers and loads of meat and not much veggies cuase i am a recovering vegetarian and i guess i wanted to make up for the 8 years of stirfry, when i was living in france i ate baguettes, croissants and cheese and cured meats almost exclusively... now that im charting and finally got AF back im noticing that my cycles are irregular and im probably not ovulatiing at the moment. there have been studies that showed that a high protein diet is linked to girls having a harder time concieving and the amount ive seen that is recommended is 20% of your diet. ive been trying to get protein through healthier foods like nuts as well. nobody should cut protein out of their diet, but eating a balanced diet has been known to improve your chances of concieving greatly.

You're right about the America and sounds like you are eating the right stuff. Was just concerned. LOL re: recovering vegetarian. Nuts, seeds, eggs and pulses are great sources of protein. Love the look of your granola recipe! I didn't used to eat enough protein. I wasn't vegetarian but didn't eat a hugh amount of meat so never really thought about it. A nutritionist taught me that you needed little bit with ever meal. 20% sounds about right. You have now given me a craving for french baguettes and cheese. Yum!

Have you had any acupuncture in china? I started acupuncture at the beginning of my last cycle. Hopefully it will help.

Why oh why do doctors not warn us that BCP can have long term affects. I suppose I should have realised, but it was so convenient. I stopped 5 months before starting TTC thinking that would be enough but apparently not.

they should warn girls. it took me a long time to get AF back and now im still all wonky. thats why ive been focusing on diet to try and do as much as can to get a BFP sooner than later. i havent done accupuncture cause im living in western china which is way different than beijing and the US and the medical services here are less than appealing, its rumered that they dont clean needles and whatnot, and theres blood on the walls at the hospitals so, i am not that brave. but i have been doing accupressure. and im thinking about trying cupping. how do you like the accupuncture? I did it in the states and really enjoyed it. you should add a recipe to the eat your way to baby thread :thumbup:

I'm glad you've got your cycles back, hopefully they will get more regular. I know it is possible to get pregnant still but it's stressful and I'm worried my short LP will lead to a chemical. I enjoy the acupuncture once the needles are in. Don't like the needles though. I'm a woss. Find it v relaxing and the acupuncturist thinks my system is clearing. Don't blame you re: acu out there, doesn't sound the most hygienic! Stick to the accupressure. Cupping is great and should really help with blood flow to the tissues.

I will think of some proper recipes and add to your food trend.

Hi all,

I am another BCP hater. 12 years on Microgynon. Stopped in March and although I am one of the luckier ones who actually gets AF, I am irregular, don't think I always ovulate and when I do have a short LP.

From what I can understand BCP knocks the hormone balance. I am taking vitex because it doesn't mimic a particular hormone but works on the pituitary to help stabiles and regulate hormone production. It takes a few months to work so you have to be patient. Something I'm not very good at. I am also taking B 100 complex. B6 is meant to lengthen the LP but improving follicular development and therefore the corpus luteum. Generally ladies who have been on hormonal BC seem to be deficient in the B vitamins.

I am taking the vitex all cycle long. I have checked with a qualified and practicing herbalist and it is fine to do so, just have to stop when you get your BFP.

I have heard of using BCP to kick start the body into regular cycles again. cdn Equestrian - let us know how you get on. Good luck.

ilovemyhubby - -Hope you don't mind me asking but why why have you reduced protein? Most people don't eat enough protein. It is important to eat protein with carbs as it stabilises blood sugar. Protein is also needed for tissue repair. Make sure you are eating protein with every meal.

true but many americans eat way too much protien, since im living in china my eating choices are limited to simple carb filled noodle dishes and straight meat dishes, so ive been going to the market and getting vegg and eating brown and black rice and oats everyday but keeping my protein in balance was something i needed to do. not to mention im a bit fearful of the hormones that are pumped into meat. im still eating plenty but dont want to overload. when i was living in america i ate lots of burgers and loads of meat and not much veggies cuase i am a recovering vegetarian and i guess i wanted to make up for the 8 years of stirfry, when i was living in france i ate baguettes, croissants and cheese and cured meats almost exclusively... now that im charting and finally got AF back im noticing that my cycles are irregular and im probably not ovulatiing at the moment. there have been studies that showed that a high protein diet is linked to girls having a harder time concieving and the amount ive seen that is recommended is 20% of your diet. ive been trying to get protein through healthier foods like nuts as well. nobody should cut protein out of their diet, but eating a balanced diet has been known to improve your chances of concieving greatly.

You're right about the America and sounds like you are eating the right stuff. Was just concerned. LOL re: recovering vegetarian. Nuts, seeds, eggs and pulses are great sources of protein. Love the look of your granola recipe! I didn't used to eat enough protein. I wasn't vegetarian but didn't eat a hugh amount of meat so never really thought about it. A nutritionist taught me that you needed little bit with ever meal. 20% sounds about right. You have now given me a craving for french baguettes and cheese. Yum!

Have you had any acupuncture in china? I started acupuncture at the beginning of my last cycle. Hopefully it will help.

Why oh why do doctors not warn us that BCP can have long term affects. I suppose I should have realised, but it was so convenient. I stopped 5 months before starting TTC thinking that would be enough but apparently not.

they should warn girls. it took me a long time to get AF back and now im still all wonky. thats why ive been focusing on diet to try and do as much as can to get a BFP sooner than later. i havent done accupuncture cause im living in western china which is way different than beijing and the US and the medical services here are less than appealing, its rumered that they dont clean needles and whatnot, and theres blood on the walls at the hospitals so, i am not that brave. but i have been doing accupressure. and im thinking about trying cupping. how do you like the accupuncture? I did it in the states and really enjoyed it. you should add a recipe to the eat your way to baby thread :thumbup:

I'm glad you've got your cycles back, hopefully they will get more regular. I know it is possible to get pregnant still but it's stressful and I'm worried my short LP will lead to a chemical. I enjoy the acupuncture once the needles are in. Don't like the needles though. I'm a woss. Find it v relaxing and the acupuncturist thinks my system is clearing. Don't blame you re: acu out there, doesn't sound the most hygienic! Stick to the accupressure. Cupping is great and should really help with blood flow to the tissues.

I will think of some proper recipes and add to your food trend.

thanks you are awesome!:hugs: i might try and find a traditional chinese medicine guy out here. good luck with the needles, accupuncture helped me a ton with back pain and carpal tunnel in my hands... i have nothin but great results and pretty fast too. hopefully it will help with your LP too! best of luck and stay positive! :dust:

I heard acupuncture can be really helpful but I could just never do it! Not really afraid of needles but I'm pretty sure I might just die if I tried it :p

We are living in New Zealand at the moment, and my diet has basically totally 360'd

While I eat a lot better now, more vegetables vs like the no vegetables I ate before lol, unless pizza is a vegetable.

I really miss things like proper hot dogs and American cheese even though those things are terrible for you.
I used to eat a lot of ground turkey and other turkey products since they are lean and I liked them, but good luck finding turkey here. Thanksgiving is approaching but since it is not a hioliday here turkeys are scare and a 6lb frozen turkey costs like $60.

We do not eat a lot of meat, I was thinking about getting a scale to weigh things like meat and etc. I have been using one of those food tracker apps on my Ipod but it wants everything in ounces :wacko:

Also need to get the motivation to actually go use the apartment complex gym instead of just doing some basic stuff here in the apartment, but I just cant seem to find it no matter how hard I try!(I'm hopeless)

I read a lot about not doing exercises that build muscle but doing stuff that just burns fat, since muscle = weight and I do not want to weigh more, but I don't know.

Been doing some googling online but haven't found decent PCOS help diet recommendations, any suggestions?

https://www.cookingforfertility.com/

have you looked into mutton or lamb? both are lean meat and there should be a lot over there.

ilovemyhubby- Back at you. :hugs: I'm sure there must be a good TCM practitioner near you. Thanks for a the recipe suggestions.

Mandie - the needles are very thin and are not painful. There are the odd one or two which can be sharp for a nanosecond. I hate needles and I cope so I'm sure you can.

It's great your diet has turned around. With regard to exercise I'd do sone weights. Yes muscle weighs more than fat but it's not weight you needed to worry about but body fat. Muscle and weights (not excessive) will help your body metabolise sugars which will help with PCOS. Also muscle burns calories so by putting on muscle you increase your metabolic rate therefore the amount of calories you burn. Def do a little resistance training.

As for diet. You want to avoid all simple and refined carbs. So limiting sugars Inc fruit sugars and anything white eg pasta, rice, bread. Stick to whole grains, pulses, legumes, lots of different veg and have some protein at every meal. Snack on protein not carbs. So snack on nuts and seeds, Humous and carrot sticks, avacardo etc. And make ilovemyhubby's granola. You can use honey as a sweetener if needed but no other sugars. Drink herbal teas and water, no fruit juice. Walk daily.

Don't worry about scales. A portion of protein at meals is about a palm full.

In the UK there is a series on at the moment called Food Hospital. One of the episodes had PCOS on it. You might be able to find it online.

Good luck.

Thanks for all the good suggestions! I am such a picky picky eater though, I know lamb is good for you but I just don't eat lambs/sheep.
I also don't drink tea, much care for beans, etc, so it may be an uphill fight lol.

Thanks again

Pulses are just about the way you cook them. You can make great things with chickpeas, like Humous, burgers, curry. Or add White beans to tuna salad.

Doesnt matter if you don't drink tea as long as you're getting plenty of fluid and not drinking sugary drinks. But do try different teas, I don't like fruit teas but loving roobois and earl grey at the moment.

I'll think of some good bean recipes and add them to ilovehubby's 'eat way to baby' trend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->