Trying to conceive for 16 months!

Leelerz

Reaction score
It's funny how every month I feel like I'm pregnant. It's unfortunate that pregnancy symptoms feels a lot like premenstrual symptoms. The last four months I've had light brown spotting about 6-7 days before my period. Of course, I cross my fingers and hope that it will be implantation bleeding. But, no... always disappointed. Anyway, this month I am four days till I start my period and I haven't done the usual spotting (surprised) that comes a week before I usually start. I have the back aches and the cramping and the headaches... But what I found to be interesting was, my cervix is high and soft. Usually before my period, it's a little bit uncomfortable when my husband and I are intimate. But today, my cervix felt like it does when I am about to ovulate. Can anyone tell me if they've noticed this before? I'm hoping that this month it will happen. I never thought it would be this difficult trying to conceive. I feel like I'm conducting a science experiment with all the kits and tests that are involved (haha). Thanks! :haha:

I don't track my cervix (though I might start if if doesn't happen this month) but I just wanted to say welcome and good luck! TTC for 16 months can't be easy on you (I'm at 12 months myself) so I hope that it happens for you soon!

Thanks for the response. I am still trying to navigate through this site. It took me forever to find my posted thread (haha).

It has been difficult waiting every month. I try to pretend I don't mind either way, but I think I'm still stressing all the same. Anyway, good luck to you too! They say it will happen when you least expect it.... :)

Hi I have been trying around 16 months too! Its starting to get hard now.. realising it might not happen easily for us.

By the way go to 'user cp' at the top left of your page to find the threads you've posted on!

Similar time for us too although i only started ovulating August 2011 due to my pill mucking my body up grrr

Hopefully we're not waiting much longer, i've just been to see the doc to get tests going as feel itll help take my mind off over analysing my cycle too much!

x

I know, I totally over analyze my periods too! I'm supposed to start my period today, but nothing yet. I spotted a single dot the size of a quarter yesterday and now nothing. This happens all the time though. It's still hard not to get my hopes up thinking its implantation bleeding. If it doesn't happen this month, I'm gonna have to get my husband in to check himself (haha). He's gonna hate that :) I am so ready to consider fertility meds soon!

OMGosh! I'm two days late and I just got a BFP! I am so happy! Ahhhhhhhh!

So I did have implantation bleeding three days ago. I thought it was AF but then it stopped. I was having period cramps and thought for sure it's coming. So today is two days past AF and I had to test! And sure enough, POSITIVE!

OMGosh! I'm two days late and I just got a BFP! I am so happy! Ahhhhhhhh!

So I did have implantation bleeding three days ago. I thought it was AF but then it stopped. I was having period cramps and thought for sure it's coming. So today is two days past AF and I had to test! And sure enough, POSITIVE!

Wow, that's AWESOME!! Congratulations!!! :happydance::happydance:

Just like they always say, when you least expect it...

Have you shared the news with your OH yet? Tell us everything!

Congratulations! Especially after trying for such a long time, you must be so excited :hugs:

Oh congratulations!!

Just joined today and your post has made my day!

Well done xxxxx

Congrats Leelers!! I am new this week to this site and reading through I saw your news. I am so happy and excited for you.

I couldn't believe it! I though for sure I was just imagining the symptoms again. Usually when I have the urge to test before AF is due, I start two hours later. So I had to make myself wait until two days after. I woke my husband up with good news this time! haha The other time I would wake him up from crying because the tests were negative.

Funny how the symptoms this time were real though. I swear they feel just like premenstrual symptoms: breast tenderness, headache, cravings, bloating, cramping, mood swings. What a cruel joke mother nature plays on us! It's hard enough having to wait for two weeks at a time to find out for months on end.... oh well... I guess in hindsight it was well worth the wait! :)

Thanks everyone for the support! XO

just read your thread here and seeing that you got a bfp after 16 months of trying is just amazing and gives us all hope! a massive congratuations to u leelerz! you must be delighted!!
that has really made me smile for the first time in a while xx

Wow great news congratulations! You just gave me a whole load of new hope :) thats why I love this site!!

Just joined this forum today and was feeling a bit disheartened during the 2ww then seen your amazing news Leelerz!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Hope you enjoy every minute of your pregnancy xx

I'm so happy for you!!! I love reading BFP stories, espcially from those who have been trying for awhile....CONGRATS!!!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->