Trying to conceive for 17 months!!!

g3m88

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am new on hear so I apologise for not using the shortcut letters! :cry:

I am 26 years old and I have a 24 year age gap with my husband. We have been trying to conceive for 17 months with no success at all. He has children from previous relationships, I don't have any children.

We have both been tested, he had a sperm count done which came back totally normal and fine. I've had my blood tests done to determine my hormones LH & Progesterone. All came back fine also. I has an antral follicle scan and a Hycosy done last week (flush though of the fallopian tubes to determine whether they are blocked). This came back absolutely fine too.
So it all appears well apparently!

I have read partners with a considerable age difference can affect the length of time in conceiving but 17 months is quite a while.
Our consultant said that we have a higher chance since having the Hycosy but you begin to kind of give up the hope and expect my period every month! :coffee:

Has anyone got any suggestions? or any advice?

Thank you!
Gemma :kiss:[/I]

Do you have regular cycles?
I have been trying for around the same amount of time. there is 7 years between me and my other half. They put me on Clomid to reduce the length of my cycles from 34-38 days to 28/30.

OH did a sperm test, i had hycosy. Were not sure whats wrong either although we dont have sex enough, I think he has ED.

Good luck!!

My DH and I have a 15 yr age gap, it took us about 15 months. We even had a failed iui after I had a polyp removed. Well, we just got good news and I really want to share what I think helped. I want to help any couple that is going through what we have been going through. The last 2 months I did a vagi-steam. Yes, steamed my vagina!!! I swear it helped, especially bc my acupuncturist said my uterus was cold preventing pregnancy. Google it, I ordered the herbs online and did it twice after my last period and before my fertile window. drink only warm or room temp water and wear socks to warm up your uterus too. we were getting ready for ivf, this was the last month i was going to try on our own and continue being heartbroken. good luck and i would love to know if it works for you too.

Thank you for both of your replies.
Never heard of steaming the vagina! I am always cold maybe that's my problem! Could be worth a try!

Yes I have regular 28 day cycles, although my periods do last about 10 days rather than the usual 5 for most people, I may ovulate later than usual. And we have quite a regular sex life.. I'm trying not to put pressure on myself because otherwise it becomes a total chore! And I don't want that. I'm sure what will be will be.
Has your other half been tested for his testosterone? That could cause ED, be worth getting a blood test!

I will let you know how I get on! I am due again on the 1st I think! So we will see what this month says :wacko:

Definitely will look at the steaming!

Thanks ladies :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"