Trying to conceive with PCOS

nbailey

Reaction score
Hi i'm new to the forfum. I was first diagnosed with PCOS 6 years ago when i was 16 due to irregular and heavy periods. In january this year me and fiance decided to try for our first baby immediately i came off the mini pill and we started trying. My cycle was normal and had been for nearly 6 months. I fell pregnant in the march and didnt get a positive result till may the 12th. I was overjoyed and suprised how relatively fast i conceived. Then on the 1st of june at 13w+1d i miscarried. No reason was given my concern was because of the PCOS? the scan done to confirm the miscarriage revealed very polisitic left ovary and no visual on my right ovary. What got me through it was the determination to conceive by my EDD which was the 7th of next month. But we are now into november and my cycle is all over the place. Im 2 weeks late and had another negative test after 5 months trying. Im making a doctors appappointment tomorrow. I am desperate for some help and advice. I feel like i am part of a battle to get pregnant and then to stay pregnant.
Anyone else have similar experince and advice?
Also has anyone been prescribed metformin or clomid as have read abouth them?
Thanks

I got prescribed metformin and binned them, dont like the side effect, I conceived my son the first cycle of trying and I very much doubt that PCOS had anything to do with your miscarriage, you will have lots of support on here as many women suffer pcos, diagnosed with pcos at 19 x im 24 now x

Nbailey, I'm so sorry for your MC. I also have PCOS, and DH and I have been TTC for 1 year. I tried two rounds of clomid but it was ultimately not effective for me. On my first round, I ovulated but did not conceive, with the second round I did not ovulate at all. I didn't have any terrible side effects, I know some women have vision issues. I was just very sad and emotional. I wanted to try Metformin but my RE told me that while it fixed the metabolic issues of PCOS, (irregular cycles, etc) it isn't as effective as Clomid for Femara in starting ovulation. Hope this helps a little bit.

I wonder if there is a PCOS thread, where we can all chat and share advice....feel like we should ahve one so that we can all support each other.

I'll make one if I'm officially diagnosed on Friday!! x

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was in my 20's over years of dealing with non ovulation and no cycles for 6 months or longer I found the best way to treat it is to simply go on a healthy diet. there was no metformin back then and clomid was not helpful to me. but after only a 20 pound weight loss I got a surprise BFP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->