trying to find a little hope?

tashasin

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new here. This might be long but I will try to shorten it up a little bit. Ok so 3 years ago I gave birth at 6 months pregnant to my stillborn daughter, It was awful and I decided to wait before trying again to make sure I grieved the loss of my little angel. NOW.. my whole life I have been extremly phobic of myself vomiting.. I made it through that pregnancy without vomiting not even once and same with the delivery and I has 20 hours of labor. After the loss of my baby, I went through depression and it seemed my fear of vomit got worse, (so maybe waiting wasn't a good idea) when I get my period, I become very anxious and very nauseated, which never used to happen before this, I wouldn't even no I was going to start or when I was on it. When I get stressed out now I get nauseated.. my body has changed so much. So basically I am wondering if there is hope that I will be able to get through pregnancy without morning sickness.. I no no one can tell me for sure but I need to hear of other peoples experience with it. If you had bad ms what could relieve it. It will be a very chaotic pregnancy with stress of possibly losing another baby, all the doctors appts (it will be high risk) , it's going to be scary, But I know this is what I want. I don't want to eventually hit menopause and say wow I really wish I had of had kids. Suprisingly I want a huge family, I just need to know that there are ways of not vomiting through out the whole pregnancy.. ugh... sorry so long lol.. any advice from anyone would be appreciated

I only vomited twice with my ms, I used to just feel nauseous (spelling has gone over my head atm) from 10am til 2pm every day... Not everyone throws up, there is some hoppe.
:hug: I'm sorry for the loss of your daughter!

:hug:

I haven't thrown up once hun, felt a little bit off some days but never been sick!!

i haven't been sick. But emitophobia (the fear of vomiting) quite commpn and there are treatments for it- have you talked to you doctor about it? I'm so sorry to hear you lost you daughter.

Hi hun,i also suffer from emitophobia and this is my 3rd pregnancy,to be honest if i was sick with my1st id probaly have never gone on to have more.Ive been fine and not sick once thru all my pregnancys,yea ive felt queasy but thats all,the nxt step is giving birth without vomitting,but there are drugs the docs and midwives can give you,as im scare of pain relief incase it makes me sick

I felt a bit sicky during the first tri but haven't actually been sick at all and I know that my mum and my DH's mum were never sick during their pregnancies (4 in total).

There are lots of things that people can do to help control their nausea and sickness, but as you say there are no guarantees so perhaps it would be helpful to treat the fear rather than relying on controlling the sickness...there are several therapies available that can help with emitophobia, including Thought Field Therapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Perhaps you could speak to your doctor or seek some treatment privately.

Good luck and best wishes,
Lx

I really appreciate the posts. I wasn't expecting people to be so understanding! Some people really just don't understand how intense a phobia really is. A lot of people just say "well suck it up, if you want a baby you need to get over the fear of vomit" if only it was that easy. I have been very embarrassed about it and have talked to one doctor about it and they really didn't get it either. So thank you all for actually understanding. It's very inspiring to hear that you guys have had fairly good pregnancies, I mean you really hear so much of people who are at the toilet all day.. ugh that would be just awful. I know that I made it through one without being sick but I felt a lot healthier at that time, and I know that every pregnancy is different. Gosh I tend to ramble a lot lol. I wish you all the best :D

Hi

I have this fear too. Used to have it really bad, but ended up seeing a counsellor and realised that the fear was tied up in a whole bunch of other anxieties and fears. Once that was sorted out, the fear of vomiting decreased greatly. I stopped carrying a plastic bag around with me all the time!!

I was also scared of m/s- but luckily i wasn't sick once. I kind of think my fear of it stopped it happening. I felt sick a lot, but i think on one level i was able to stop being sick (i think most 'normal' people who feel that sick would rather just make themselves sick then sit and deal with nausea).

Actually i think most people aren't actually sick - but obviously the nausea is much more common. I'm sure you'll be fine too - but def talk to someone about it to understand it and control it now so when you fall pregnant again you won't be so worried by it

good luck!

x

Hi Hun, I have not puked once!! :lol: I felt sick once or twice but that was cos I was hungry. I have been very lucky, nothing to complain about really. I know plenty of others too who have not been sick xx

I didn't vomit with this pregnancy or with my first born. When nausea hit, I used the old icepack on the back of the neck trick. It worked wonders!

I am so sorry for your loss, this is my 1st pregnancy but I never did get the MS. but I made sure I had my animal crackers close at all times and I always had a few before getting out of the bed each morning and I believe it helped me
Good luck :hug:

My doctor gave me some anti-nausea pills that are usually used for chemotherapy patients. Might be something to ask about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->