Trying to forget....?

Orange lady

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So, people tell me it's best if you stop thinking about getting pregnant. And also that the less it's on your mind, the more it's likely to happen for you.
How the hell do you forget? Anyone got any suggestions? I've tried my best not to symptom spot (which is impossible!!), or test like a maniac. Also tried not to acccess BNB too much to take my mind off it. Trouble is, when you want something so bad, how can you forget?
Heeeelllppp!!

I know orange lady its absolutely impossible. the only chance i have of 'forgetting' about it is to keep busy, find this makes the 2ww go a little faster, having said that af is due monday and i can think of nothing else!!!

I know exactly how you feel - my af was due on Weds last week. I have had loads of symptoms, including brown spotting on CD25, but all tests (only tested upto Weds) are BFN so far. I need to do another but I have none left, and all I can think about is being pregnant. The thing is, I have had short waves of AF pain.

even when u say ur not gunna think bout it, every pregnant women in ur area pops up and u see them everywhere lol, its so hard i know x

if one more person tells me that "it always seems to happen when you are least expecting it so just stop thinking about it so much" I will unleash the dragon on them!!!

Yeah, people saying to not worry about it does not help in the slightest!

It's really hard not to think about it - the only time I've been chilled out has been when I know I have no chance because I've not been able to BD at the right time (DH works away from home). One month off acutally really helped me relax. Having said that I'm ov'ing in the next couple of days and DH is home for a couple of days so I'll be a quivering wreck soon!

https://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm

I was reading this earlier and the writer says that you don't need to worry too much over stress and thinking about getting pregnant as it doesn't really affect your fertility... and that only major stress really has an impact.

Not sure if it is true or not but I find it weirdly reassuring!

Thanks that's a relief.
I really don't feel stressed, it's just on my mind. When you are TTC you are concious of when you are ovulating, when :witch: is due and what's happening to your body. Because off this I can't see that it's possible to forget.
OH and I got a BFP in Nov 08, and I was able to forget then because we weren't even sure we could have kids so it was a case of see what happens. We had a mmc and now have been TTC since Jan.
Least I'm not the only one feeling like this

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->