Trying to gain weight but it's impossible :/

Cassie.

Reaction score
I'm 5ft 4ins and weigh 7st 10lbs. I really want to give blood, but you have to weigh at least 7st 12lbs. I know it's only 2lbs but I've been trying for about 4 months to gain it and nothing seems to work. :wacko:
Every time I step on the scales I weigh 7st 10lbs at the most, occasionally going down a few lbs but never more than 7st 10lbs. I have tried other scales as well in case ours were broke :haha:
I went to the doctor about something else and asked him about this, he it's just my metabolism and to try eating foods with a little more fat but it hasn't worked at all. I started drinking gold top milk which has a lot more cream than the blue top one but it didn't make any difference apart from making me feel sick :shrug:

I don't really know what to do, I really want to be able to donate blood. Any ideas?

I happily give you my stone than we are even weighted ;)

what kind of things do you normally eat hun? you could maybe try adding extra cheese to your food? x

I eat most food, apart from red meat, I'm just not keen on the taste. I eat plenty of pasta, rice and potatoes. I don't eat that much cheese actually so I'll try that I think, Thanks :)

and Morri, I would if I could xx

Yea I would like too :/ I always just am on the alrightish weight I d like to be like 5 years ago when I was 56 kg. Now iam 60 kg... (I actually tried getting better eating habits and less and it ended up with me weiging more? D'oh.
Didnt know they put you on a scale at blood donation though. ,,
The ultimate weight filer I thinka re actually those corn syrups and honey- I have read that in the old days when people looked a bit underweight they have been given them a lot of honey because honey is pure glucose so great for putting weight on :)

I discovered that when trying to lose weight eating fats and carbs at the same meal is a nightmare as insulin (triggered by carbs) will automatically convert the fat to well, fat...hence weight gain. So try eating carbs with meats, cheese, butter, cream etc. You can do it healthly too so not just delving into the choco! lol

Try meals like cottage pie made with full fat mince, loads of cheese on top, loads of veggies on the side.
Bacon, eggs, beans, toast, sausage, mushrooms etc is a good one - you don't have to fry them, you can grill and still get the benefit!

Have you tried adding a high calorie shake (like a weight gainer) or a smoothie? It's one way to get extra calories easily and you can buy a powder or make your own.

^thats a good idea!

I am in the same boat as you - trying to put weight on to no avail! I have gone back on the pill after a 5 year break and its slowly starting to creep up to what I used to be. I am 5ft 4 inches and used to weigh 9.5 stone. After having my little girl and losing weight etc i came down to 8.5 stone. I ideally would like to be 9.5 and the pill seems to be helping.

Maybe try build some muscle instead. If that fails then my mum used to put heavy things in her pockets so she could give blood :blush:

havnt read all the replies but protien shakes are good for putting on weight.. it helps turn fat to muscle (muscle weighs more)...
or any other high calorie shakes. ask in holland & barret if you have one near by...

also eating white bread, plenty of cheese, full fat milk & yogurts, eggs, bacon... xx

I'd try eating protein bars or shakes they quite calorific and some are quite tasty. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->