Trying to get benefit sorted out, so upset :(

L

LilMiss_91

It feels like I've been trying to get my switch over from Jobseekers to Income Support sorted out for ever. Nothing has gone right so far and I'm absolutely sick to death of being passed from pillar to post and being made to feel that I'm the one at fault.
First of all I was signed off of Jobseekers a week earlier than I should have been, at 12wks prior to my due date as opposed to 11wks. Which I only found out almost a week later when I rang up to make my Income Support claim. Cue being made to feel that it was MY fault I got signed off earlier and that I was obviously trying to scam the system and claim IS sooner than I was allowed. That meant I had to make a backdated reclaim for Jobseekers where I was asked to give a justifiable reason for there being a delay in making my claim. Yet again it being insinuated that somehow THEIR cock up was MY mistake. So then I had to wait another week for all of that to be processed, accepted and then the claim closed again before I could make another IS claim.
That took up until the 22nd of April, so that day I rang up, made my claim and was told on the phone that when I went to finalise and sign the claim at the Jobcentre that I needed my MatB form which I didn't have and hadn't been told I needed until then. It turned out I couldn't get hold of it by the 24th which is when I had my appointment to finalise the claim. I explained to the advisor my situation and she checked on the cover of my claim about what items of ID etc were needed and it said nothing about needing a MatB so she told me not to worry about it. I was told to give them 10 working days to sort the claim out and if I hadn't heard anything by then, to give them a ring. So 10 days passed and I heard nothing so I rang them and was told it was actually 14 working days and that everything should be set up by the following Wednesday and if I rang back then they would be able to tell me when my first payment would go through.
I thought I'd be generous and gave them till Thursday (yesterday) and rang them. Turns out the claim hadn't been processed and I was told that someone would ring me that day to discuss it. A few hours later the phonecall came. I was told that the claim wouldn't be processed because they hadn't received my MatfuckingB form. So it took them over 2wks to decide they didn't have the relevant information, it's been nearly 4wks since I have had any money coming in and apparently it's MY fault for not providing them with everything?!

I'm so low on money right now that I can't even afford to go and buy some new bras next week which I really need and I can't afford to buy any bits and pieces for LO until I get paid.
I'm just so upset right now and not knowing how long it's going to take to get this sorted out is majorly stressing me out. What if it takes another 2wks from when they receive my MatB? That's going to be at least 6-7wks with no money coming in :,(

I'm sorry for a huge, pointless post, I just really needed to get it all out. I feel utterly pathetic as I'm sat here crying while typing this.

If you made it to the end of this then well done, you deserve a medal.

It can seem neverending can't it! To be honest while it's left us with less money I'm glad my OH found work when he did because it meant I could sign off too, otherwise I'd be going through what you're going through and with my midwife it would have been impossible for me to get the paperwork!
It will all come together in the end hun, but in the mean time is there anyone you can borrow money from if you explain the situation to them? It might even be worth mentioning it to the people at the job centre because I'm sure there's something they can do to help you.
Could you order the bras from a catalogue rather than buy them outright, that way you shouldnt have to pay them right away, and if you do it'll be a token amount, granted they might be more expensive but it could be a solution for the short term, you could always pay them off in full when you get paid!
I both love and hate money in equal measures, I love it when I have it and hate it when I don't, lol. xx

It really does sometimes. And when you're sent on wild good chases and sent from one person to the other you just don't know what's happening. Especially when no one is willing to accept blame and everyone seems to tell you different things!
Luckily my OH has a reasonably paid job anyway but we don't live together or share finances, we more sort of pay randomly for different things. And while I don't mind him paying for things for bubs, I can't bring myself to ask him to buy my things. My mum is always willing to loan me money but I know she's pretty hard up right now as well so it that doesn't seem fair either.
I hadn't even thought about the jobcentre. By the time they get anything sorted it will probably all be sorted and I'm not sure I can handle the stress of trying to set something else up as well right now :/
I hadn't thought about that, I'll definitely have a look and see what's available :) do you know any good catalogues? I'm ideally looking for nursing bras and normal.
I have exactly the same relationship with money! I love it when I have it because makes life so much easier but I also hate it when I don't and hate the fact that we have to rely on it for so much. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->