Trying to introduce bottles with no luck!

destiny.h

Reaction score
Let me just start by saying that I know it's best to exclusively offer the breast, even to soothe. I'm trying to make it so hubby can bond with him, and has a way to soothe him when I'm in the shower or something. However, I live in a very rural area, with the nearest town being an hour away, and we live a pretty rugged life. In the summer, I'll be butchering chickens and tanning hides-all things I can't do with a baby on my boob.

Less pressing is the fact that I am in desperate need to feel sexy again, and am getting my hair done in a few weeks. The thought of leaving our baby for 2 hours is killing me, but I feel bad for my hubby because we're having such a hard time getting him to feed on a bottle.

We're using the Mimijumi bottles right now, and he just doesn't seem near as comforted by it as he is by the real thing. We've tried a Soothie type pacifier, which he is also not interested in.

I don't want to make this a regular thing, but I just want it so if push comes to shove there's an alternative to mommy in case I'm unavailable. Suggestions?

Following along as we have a similar issue. :hugs:
I hope that you are able to find a solution.

My suggestion is to keep trying different bottles. I tried several until DD was OK with the Playtex latex nipples. A friend of mine said to look at the shape of your nipples and match the bottle to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->