trying to plan a day without the baby

Marie000

Reaction score
Since lo was born, I have had time away from her twice. Once when she was a few weeks old, my parents babysat and me and OH went out for dinner. At the time, she was okay drinking from a bottle.

Then a couple of months ago, my brother and SIL babysat while I went in town for an evening. I had left them milk in a sippy cup and a bottle but she refused to drink it.

Now she still will not drink milk from a sippy cup (only water) or from a bottle. Luckily, she eats a lot of solids. In fact, she will keep eating as long as we give her food. So it's not like she will go hungry without the breastmilk. I am just worried that she would still miss it when I'm not there. I would probably miss her bed time so she would have to go to sleep without her usual nursing session.

She would be staying home, with her daddy. So at least things will be familiar to her. I'm just so worried that she will just cry when I'm away and that she will miss me at bed time.

I guess I would have to bring my breastpump with me. Should I pump only when I get uncomfortable, or more often? I guess a single day without nursing shouldn't have that much impact on my supply, right?

Sorry for the rambling. I feel guilty. But I really need a day off.

Stalking. I wonder the same things. Currently I only nurse two times a day. Morning and night. Lo hasn't had any bottles since 7 or 8 months old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->