Trying to stay calm- Fingers Crossed

I'm too scared to do a digi :)

Taken from POAS.com
What's an evaporation line? Evaporation ("evap") lines result with the test's antibody strip just looks slightly different than the space around it. There is a line of antibodies (usually made from mouse cells) in the Control and Test section. The Control line binds with any liquid and turns pink (or blue, in tests using blue dye.) The Test/Result line turns pink only if pregnancy hormone is detected. If not, the moisture passes over this strip and does not turn pink. It may, however, become more visible when the light hits the moisture on the strip-- it may appear gray, colorless, like a "dent" in the test, or like a "ghost line." It may appear at any time-- as soon as the urine hits it, after a few minutes as the test absorbs the moisture, or after the 10-minute time limit. It may appear when the test is drying, or after it has dried. It may disappear as the test is drying, or after the test has dried, or not disappear at all.

The simple fact is that there is always "something there" that is slightly visible-- it's simply the antibodies on the test that would turn pink in the presence of hCG. When the test becomes wet, or as it dries, or after it dries, the antibody strip may become more visible. Therefore, all tests may have them. It is not a defect; it's just how tests are made.

A real positive is identified by its color (pink or blue, whatever the color of the test's dye is) and its appearance within 10 minutes of urinating on the stick. A line that appears after 10 minutes, regardless of color, must be considered an evap line and is caused by the test's chemicals changing. HPT's are rapid assay diagnostics, which means any results appearing after the "rapid" time limit of 10 minutes are invalid.

Just caught up! Hope something happens! I know the anticipation is killer. I got a pretty dark evap line last month.. (turns out I Ov late) And it was only like 8 dpo... Not 16. But it I was just dying! I am now looking at it 5 minutes past taken time and then throwing it away because if I keep it and even see a little bit of a line I go crazy. AND don't forget all women produce HCG. So it is possible to get a faint line even if you aren't PG. Good luck and I hope you get you BFP! XX

so is it like a shadow on the test kind of thing?? all complicatd lol...

when i eventually test i should be around 6 weeks pregnant so will be staightforward positive or negative then.. xxxx

I wouldn't give up hope until :af: gets you!! Some women don't get a BFP until a good few days or so after af is due.

Tested with a digi this morning and 'not pregnant' appeared... So it just seems my cycles are all squiffy and my boobs are paying the price :haha:

Now its just a matter of waiting for AF to arrive and chill out!! I refuse to get this wound up every month, .... So you are all stuck with me :muaha:

So who wants to be my NTNP buddy and help keep me sane :fool: ? xx

Just a little update :haha:

I might not be out of the running just yet, I posted a pic of this mornings FRER in the test section and someone very kindly tweeked it for me

frer.jpg

I really dont know what to think at the moment, all i know is that my boobs are killing me and i am now on CD31!!! :shrug:

I dunno what to think about the digi?! Its been suggested that 'if' i am pregnant thats its too early for it to pick it up....

Who knows hey girls?

:flower:

Hard to tell. I would give it atleast a couple more days and then if AF hasn't arrived take another one..

I hate the waiting and the uncertainty!!! Why isn't it possible to just know for definite NOW?

Really hope that this is it for you but if not I am very happy to be NTNP buddies.

The not knowing is over and AF has arrived :) I'm actually relieved as all these stupid evaps were driving me mad...

So Polaris it looks like i'll be needing that buddy :kiss:

I'm so behind! At least now you know and you can start fresh, wish i could be starting a fresh cycle with you! although i can try and help keep you sane :laugh2:

I'm so behind! At least now you know and you can start fresh, wish i could be starting a fresh cycle with you! although i can try and help keep you sane :laugh2:

Thanks hun & Good luck with that :haha:

Its good to know my body is working again after the pill, so thats a positive :thumbup:

:hugs:

Cant remember if you already said or not but was this your 1st cycle off the pill?

No hun, this is my 2nd real bleed... But 3rd if you include the withdrawal bleed., Last cycle was only 23 days and now a 31,... So i'm just going off the average from mymonthlycycles and seeing what happens.

Hey hun, we are cycle buddies too this month, AF got me today too. I'm fine about it because we didn't BD at fertile time last month so I'm glad to be moving on to a new cycle. Great news that your body is working properly after pill.

Oh good. Fresh new start!! Yay! :) Good luck this month ladies. XX

Hey hun, we are cycle buddies too this month, AF got me today too. I'm fine about it because we didn't BD at fertile time last month so I'm glad to be moving on to a new cycle. Great news that your body is working properly after pill.

I'm actually relieved about AF turning up, which is madness really...
:happydance: Lets hope this is our cycle then hun - :kiss:

Oh good. Fresh new start!! Yay! :) Good luck this month ladies. XX

Thank you SPB :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"