Trying to teach my 5 month old to eat baby food..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommyandbaby

Mom Of 2 Girls, TTC#3
Reaction score
My daughter is 5 months old. She seems to be learning very slow on alot of things. But, I know every baby learns diffrantly and at there own rates. She keeps sucking off the food off the spoon and not gumming it in.
So when I go to put spoon in her mouth she spits a lil food out. But if I let her slurp it off the spoon she does fine. Should I let her slurp off the spoon or just keep trying to put food in by putting spoon in mouth to were the food sits on the ruff of her mouth???

B&M- hey hun. I was gonna say, just let Aspen suck it off the spoon. She'll get the hang of it. All babies do this at first because they're used to sucking to get their food (bottles, breastfeeding). She'll pick it up. It's hard to gauge developement this early. Don't worry about her yet!:hugs:

I wouldn't worry, she is only 5 months and used to a liquid diet. Pretty sure all babies do this at first, Bethanie did. They usually get the hang of it quite quickly so don't worry and im sure she will do fine.

Ellie does this but i find if i press the sppon on her bottom lip she will open her mouth so i can put it on the roof of her mouth and it all stays in!!!

Don't worry yet hun, all LO have there way of doing things

xxx

Thank you guys. I remember when Hailey Ate solids at 3 months & could sit up on her own at 4-5 months.
I know all babies are different but it is so weird when your used to saying oh you will be ready oh you can sit up on your own to your second baby.
But, I guess thats not how it is, LOL..
Aspen is unique compared to Hailey. Everyone still thinks Aspen is 3 months..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"