Trying to Vomit and Hurt Myself:(

SweetPea3200

Reaction score
I'm suddenly super sick (likely from the heat mixed with acid reflux) and I really feel like I need to vomit, I spend a bunch of time gagging but nothing comes out. I feel like my uterus is preventing me from getting it out. This morning I was gagging a bunch over the toilet and I got an intense pain in my upper left abdomen. Feels like I pulled a muscle or something:( Not sure what to do. Any advice would be lovely.

I wish I had some for you if its acid reflux I would say try eating a tum they are safe for baby as for the gagging part try some white soda it might settle your stomach lately I feel like morning sickness has come back for me too and I was on the toilet and hunched over throwing up and I felt sure the same pain in my belly try to lay down and relax when possible hope this helps

You probably did just pull a muscle. But if it keeps hurting or gets worse I would call the doctor. I'm not sure if pregnancy increases your risk of hernia but you wouldn't want to have one of those.

It's most likely a pulled muscle and should be fine in a day or two.

I've had HG this pregnancy and was being sick 40/50 times a day so I totally understand as the one of the hardest parts was dealing with the pulled muscles from being sick/straining so much. This went on for a good few months and I've done no damage to either of us so try not to worry, ano it's harder said than done.

As for the acid reflux maybe go to the doc and see what they suggest. I've been prescribed ranitidine and it's helped so much as as I was having really bad acid reflux which was making my sickness worse.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks so much ladies! The strained area feels fine now unless I sneeze or cough so I think we're totally okay! I've been working on not eating or drinking too late into the evening and it's helped a bit with the acid reflux. Of course, then I wake up starving in the night but that's manageable! I'll definitely talk to my doctor at my next appointment:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->