TSH level 3.7, any idea what does this mean ?

Just thought I would update here as I was ignorant about this but I've been to see my consultant today, he says my tsh of 5 is too high, can affect the mental growth of the baby which has scared me and has put my thyroxine up by 50mcg. The tsh is the important one apparently not the t4. I feel a bit bad I could've sorted this earlier. I hope my baby is ok.

Hi, i found myself 5wk+5 days preg and my TSH level was 3.8 as of last wednesday. My doc has inc my dosage of levyhroxine to 75mg. My T4 is 1.21 and my doc says that T4 is most imp for baby brain development. I am very worried after reading on internet and have cried thinking of consequences. I am also very very tired these days. Could u share your positive and negative experiences? What do i expect from this pregnancy?any idea how soon my TSH will drop?

Hi, i found myself 5wk+5 days preg and my TSH level was 3.8 as of last wednesday. My doc has inc my dosage of levyhroxine to 75mg. My T4 is 1.21 and my doc says that T4 is most imp for baby brain development. I am very worried after reading on internet and have cried thinking of consequences. I am also very very tired these days. Could u share your positive and negative experiences? What do i expect from this pregnancy?any idea how soon my TSH will drop?

My endocrinologist told me he recently went to a conference with a speaker on this subject, and she believes that the fear of a low TSH in pregnancy has been overblown.

Mine was 8.0 at 7 weeks pregnant, so he upped my dose a lot. My 11 week reading on the new dose was 1.5, then at 15 weeks .35.

My endocrinologist doesn’t seem super concerned, but told me to lower my dose slightly by skipping one (200 mcg) pill per month.

They should be retesting you in a month, but I don’t think you have anything to worry about in the meantime. I will have my TSH tested monthly through my whole pregnancy.

I have hashimotos which is an autoimmune hypothyroidism. I did not find out until after i had my second child, for some reason i had never had my tsh tested before that. When they found it my level was above 10 and tsh typically rises a lot in pregnancy, so im guessing my tsh was crazy high while pregnant unbeknownst to me. Both of my kids are extremely smart and healthy. Fetal dysfunctions happen due to tsh levels, but they're rare. My last level was at 4.5, they upped my dose but I'm not worried at all. Don't stress, you'll be fine, you are just above normal, not a dangerous level at all.

I replied two years ago if you look further up the thread! My daughter is soooo bright she is super advanced. My thyroid had no problems with her development. It’s good you’re taking your meds and you can get your levels sorted now. BeSt of luck for your pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->