TSH Thyroid Levels

hi, My friend found out she had a thyroid issue after recurrent MC, she was put on meds and now has 2.

I'v requested my TSH levels be ran, waiting on the results. good luck xx

Thanks for this post, it has prompted me to go to GP today to ask for my levels to be checked. I was diagnosed with underactive thyroid in 2001 and always assumed that it wasn't an issue if it was controlled; by that I mean I don't have any symptoms that would suggest otherwise and blood tests always come back fine. I currently take 125mcg and 150mcg on alternate days. However, it's interesting to learn that TSH threshold differs between general population and those TTC, especially as I miscarried in 2007 at 6 weeks and again in 2010 at 12 weeks (had a beautiful healthy son in 2008 :)). I had assumed it was a combination of my age (I'm 42) and bad luck but your post/discussion has lead me to investigate further, blood test Monday. Thanks again

Hi spoomie,

I hope your levels are good. Keep in touch through the post to let us know how you are doing.. I will be too xxx

Hi there,

I have had underactive thyroid since a teenager. In a previous relationship I under went IVF for male factor IF. THe RE said that my TSH had to be between 1-2 to get pregnant and to stay that way. I kept that way for the last 10 years. Got pg straight away with 1st with it like this with new partner. I had an early MC last month, TSH read 3.5.

I believe this was related. Dr has upped my meds by.25mg every other day. And will test in 10 days to see if its dropped.

If you do some research it does say that underactive thyroid can cause you not to Ov and to MC.

Hope this helps

I have had my TSH results back and they are now 0.38. :happydance: So Pleased.

Hi Mandy1971

Just got my TSH result today, it is 0.03 and doctor thinking I may need to reduce thyroxine dosage. Can't win! Part of me would've liked it to be high so that I had a reason for m/c........

i found out this is most likely the reason for my 2MC's I am having bloods repeated tomorrow it is an underactive thyroid i have and then if still same doc's going to put on my meds. so fingers crossed that it will be sorted wasn't told not to TTC though was told that i was ovulating at scan last week and me and the other half have been :sex: like rabbits to try to catch again straight away

it's interesting to read that levels should be at 1-2 for conception - my TSH in Jan 10 was 10.4 and I managed to conceive in March 10. As I'm in the UK I wasn't treated as my thyroxine level was still in the "normal" range albeit at the very bottom. I did sadly lose the baby (3rd miscarriage, 4th baby lost). Thankfully I was referred by my consultant (TSH rose to 11.1 in May 10) and I've been on Levothyroxine since September. Started off on 50mcg which brought my TSH down to 5.24 within 2 months. Increased to 75mcg in November and I'm due to have my next monitoring appointment with the consultant on March 2nd. We've been TTC again since Jan 1st as the consultant told me in November that we could try again after those results.

I'm getting levels tested again next week. Fingers crossed that it's come down enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->