TTC #1 13 months, looking for a buddy to talk to

FBananie2424

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum so please be patient with me. I don't understand all the lingo yet. I'm 28 years old, my husband is 31, we've been trying to conceive our first baby for 13 months now. I have used ovulation monitors, gone through the lab work daily for weeks to check for LH surge which I had. My husband had a semen analysis which showed low sperm motility. The urologist put him on Clomid 50 mg once daily for 21 days, off for 7 days and repeat. He is on his third cycle and still no luck. This is very frustrating and disappointing. Looking for someone who is going through something similar and wants someone to talk to, encourage and keep each other positive.

Hi FBananie,

Don't be discouraged--we are here to support you :) My husband and I have been ttc 3 months, post surgery for removal of a large mass on my left ovary. My husband has had cancer treated with radiation only near his left groin area (unsure of his sperm quality). That said, we are very hopeful we will conceive.
Two years ago we had a chem preg and ttc off an on between that and me being diagnosed with an ovarian tumor.

That said, we are ttc using pre-seed and FertileCM. I must say I'm impressed with the FertileCM product so far but this is my first month really using it faitfully and following the instructions--so, I hope it will work for us.

As of today (March 24) I'm on CD 12, my period lasts for 6 days, and we have been BDing every other day starting on CD 9. I've been estimating o-day by period length/cycle days and CM quality. I feel like I don't need to know the exact day of O bc/ we are regularly BDing every other and therefore flooding the area with sperm for the egg to drop into :) However, today I may do a cervix check.

Baby dust to both of us :)

Yes, but you know what--I'm still very hopeful that we can conceive and hopeful that you will too!
I have a suggestion---since we don't know about my husband's sperm count or motility, we did factor that into account when we made our plan of action for TTC'ing. Here is what we've come to--#1. make sure my CM provides a good environment for the swimmers to have their best chance at making it through. We use Pre-seed, this will flush the vaginal area with a lubricant solution that will make it easy for sperm to swim in and also lower the pH so that it won't kill them off. #2 we BD every other day--the longer you wait between ejaculation the more sperm build up. #3 Create a super health uterus lining so that the little bean can stick--we use FertilCM pills for that. The pills increase EWCM (ALOT, like niagra falls alot) and strengthen the lining of the uterus. This is our first month using it and so far I can tell there is a difference in the EWCM...we'll have to wait and see if it works. Lastly, relax. I know many people do all sorts of things to monitor their "o". Quite honestly, if you BD every other day, starting from the day after you stop bleeding (AF) until several days past your suspected "o", you should have enough swimmers present in your body for your egg to fall into. As your DH is on Clomid, this should help with both motility/count. You'll be fine and I bet you'll be pregnant before you know it :)

I see your "current feeling" status is sad. Don't be sad, you are both still so young..even though there are challenges God is with you all the way--trust him and know there is grace to be found in all your struggles.

Hey ladies! I'm new also. I'm 29 and DH is 35. We've been ttc for 10 months now, but it seems like so much longer! So far we've gotten 21 day labs on me...progesterone was normal but on the low side...DH had a SA and everything was slightly on the low side. He's taking all the supplements from fairhaven health to help on his end and my OB recently started me on femara to help me O stronger. I'm currently on CD 17 and still waiting to O. Hoping the Femara does the trick, as we're both getting pretty discouraged!

Hiya! Literally just joined! I have no clue at the minute where to find anything ha! Anyway my story is, we've been trying to conceive for nearly 3 years, I got diagnosed with pcos at 19, did nothing until for a few years then lost 6 stones, my periods are normal I have no cysts and my bloods are all fine I even ovulate every month, but it's just not happening Anyhoo doc has prescribed me clomid and I'm due to take it days 2-6 just waiting for AF which should be in around 3-4 days :-/

If anyone is looking for a clomid buddy I would love someone to try and make sense of all this with! ��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->