TTC #1 Advice/Tips to Detect Ovulation?!

PrittyinPink

Reaction score
Hi all! This is my first post, though I've been reading forum posts by others for a few months now.

My husband and I have been married for 2 years and have been TTC since September. We are relatively young (both 23) and I've been off the pill since December of 2010. I'm currently on CD6 of what will be our third month trying. I'm trying to determine when I ovulate and I'm not sure if I'm right. I've tried temping (started back in March just to get used to it) and found that my temp is all over the place! I just started again a few days ago and already I had a huge jump.. I started at 97.87 on Friday, yesterday I was at 97.58, and then today it went up to 97.81. I've also been tracking symptoms and CM using the Ovia app which I've been doing since January. I'm going to start tracking my cervix position as well. Last month I used the digital OPK by Clear Blue and got my first flashing smiley on CD12. For the next week and 2 days I had flashing smileys and never got a solid smiley, so I'm not sure it worked... I have a very regular cycle - 27 days every time. The past two cycles I had slight spotting on CD17, but that had never happened before September.

I know I'm probably way ahead of myself here since we have only tried twice, I just want to figure out when I ovulate. Any advice or thoughts regarding how to tell when ovulation happens? Thank for reading and showing support!

Well, it sounds like you are onto the very typical and most reliable ways to tell when you are ovulating. I'm not sure how much research you've done on temping but a couple of important factors....time plays a biiiiig roll in your temp. Mine will fluctuate a half a degree sometimes if I take it a couple hours later on a weekend. Also, it is very important not to get up and do anything. It literally needs to go open eyes, insert thermometer. Same place under tongue every time, no water first. The other major factor for me is alcohol. If I have any more than two glasses of wine in an evening my temp will spike big time. Everyone is different though. Your chart may seem erratic to you at first, but overtime, if you stick with it, you will likely see a pattern. The pattern is what counts. It's important to really try hard to do it every day. I know it's daunting but it really is the best way to confirm ovulation...I use temping, opks, cm and cervical position.

Regarding your OPK. Some girls have a very short LH surge. I never get more than one positive and almost always ovulate the next day, but I will get a negative on the actual day of ovulation usually. That with a temp spike will let you know for sure...

Keep me posted, I would love to know if it works for you. Temping is quite an art form:)

Thank you for the reply!! I found it quite helpful! I have noticed that my chart looks very erratic, like a mountain range. But I don't sleep a full nights sleep.. I wake up every few hours and then fall back to sleep so that could be why right? Since it's very particular.

I am currently 2 days late and haven't been late for a period since June. I took a test this morning but it came out negative. I'm still hoping and keeping fingers crossed this is the cycle.

Thank you again for your help! I know it's been a while since I have been on - but I didn't expect anyone to reply. I appreciate your help. :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->