TTC#1 for 4 yrs.- Frustrated

misaacs117

Reaction score
My husband and I have been TTC#1 for years now. BFN after BFN! So depressing. At first we talked with my regular gyno and he prescribed me clomid. I did 3 rounds w/o it working. We took a break from clomid but continued TTC. Then almost another year passed and nothing:dohh: So after talking to a friend about her struggle and the doctor that got her pregnant after 5 yrs. I said you know what I am going to see this RE and get some answers! Did an HSG and I might have a blocked fallopian tube. All my blood work was good. Great even. Then I took Letrozole went for my ultrasound and post coital test. He found I have cervical mucus that is too thick (hostile cervical mucus) because I have had 2 LEEPs. Only way to do anything about it is to do IUI. We did our first round of IUI and got a :bfn: I had 3 follicles but RE did not prescribe trigger shot. Husband's bj (baby juice):laugh2: was good too. Good count, morphology, and mobility. So this time I am going to do letrozole and pregnitude and ask for the trigger shot.

Anyone in the same boat? Have any advice for me with IUI? IUI success stories?
Need some :dust: please!!

Hello Misaacs117!!
My DH and I have been TTC # 1 for almost 4 yrs now. BFN after BFN! We both went through a very stressful period with our careers and just kept trying. One fine day I got BFP in Nov 2011. But, the joy only lived for a day :( I cried my balls out for a week. Even now when I think about it, it pains..to see everyone around me get either effortlessly or accidentally fall pregnant. Its Jan 2014 and still not pregnant. Every test keeps coming back normal or better and I was labeled as "unexplained infertility" case. Its been 1.5 months since I started going for acupuncture treatments and I'm seeing improvements in my health and energy flow. Today is CD1 and I cried again - damn painful to hear people popping babies! Just today, my doc (acupuncture & naturopathy) put me on Dong gui - women health med - to regulate my cycles. My periods have always been anywhere b/w 25 - 28 days but never late. This cycle was late by 2 days and this doc attributed it to the cold winter we have here in NS, Canada - damn cold weather disliked it and now hate it! Will let you know if this med works out, if you are interested. :)

Not wanting to sound nosy, have you thought about acupuncture? I met a lady at this clinic and she told me that she TTC # 1 for many years and she had resorted to acupuncture as a final resort and she became pregnant. She, like me, did not want to undergo any of the assisted reproductive therapies. This time she wanted to TTC # 2 so returned to acupuncture and became pregnant after 3 months of acupuncture treatments. She is still continuing her treatments until her delivery. She gave me a lot of hope! Once may be coincidence but twice..may not be.

My DH does not understand emotionally how painful it is for me to attend baby showers or talk to a pregnant lady. Not their fault but we want to be like them - pregnant! I swear I won't complaint when I become pregnant.

I have only done acupuncture once because my RE said that I was an anxious person and would benefit from it. Plus he does it 3 times a week. So I agreed to try it at $145. Funny story actually, so I went in and he asked if I needed to change, I thought he was talking about changing from jeans to shorts . So I said yes and then took my top and bra off. I thought this was how it was supposed to be done much like a spa massage. NOOOOOO he came in and was like put your clothes on LOL. I was so embarrassed that I actually cried when he left me in there. I have not been back for it not because I did not like it but because it was so expensive. With that being 145 + 340 for IUI + 20 for Femara + around 150 for ultrasound. And I want the trigger shoot which will be about 100. That's about $800 per cycle. Anyways we decided not to do acupuncture because it was so expensive. We also were not able to do IUI this past cycle because of a $330 bill to RE's office plus a $475 bill for HSG test on top of all the other costs. I am a first year teacher, well, title 1 reading tutor is actually my title, making 5,000 less a year that first year teachers. So we can not afford it. It breaks my heart too. I cried so hard when I got all the bills in the mail. I knew we were not going to be able to do IUI this month. So I still took my Femara but I also took robitussin and evening primerose oil. Then I up'ed my water intake. All of this to help with my cervical mucus. But we did also use preseed this cycle and a BSD. I am hoping that this cycle worked naturally for us. I will be testing tomorrow morning to see. It was be 4 days before my missed period and will be 12DPO. So I hope to see a :bfp: but if not I guess we will try and do IUI this coming cycle.

ps sorry this is like a novel LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->