TTC #1 with MTHFR..IUD removed Feb 5

Gagrlinpitt

Pregnant with #1 rainbow
Reaction score
Well ladies.. I'm having my mirena removed on Friday and we will officially be NTNP... We are going to see what happens until May and then I'll start temping, tracking, and possibly opks. Already started on prenatals and going to talk to my doctor about a couple of other supplements Since I am positive for MTHFR. Stalkers welcome...

Hello and welcome! What does MTHFR stand for?

The official name is methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase. Basically it's a gene mutation that stops your body from converting B vitamins/ folic acid into folate so your body can use them. Itcan predispose you to a few things depending on which variation you have. Thyroid, depression, anxiety, clotting, cardiovascular issues, and miscarriages.

MTHFR.net is a great resource but apparently the research is still so new about it that doctors don't really know much about it still.

My IUD is officially out... My doc told us to use protection until the first cycle and then we are a go..

My husband came home from work and was like "let's get this baby making thing going".. Lol he's so silly.

Still no bleeding at all.. My doc said my cycle should come pretty quickly, but I'm surprised I've had no bleeding what so ever except a small tinge of pink/red when I wiped yesterday. My boobs were very sore the week before I had it removed though, so I'm wondering if I just missed it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->